Trendy is the Winter 2011 special challenge path, introduced on November 15, 2011. This path adds variant rules and restrictions to an ascension run. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads "You're a slave to fashion -- a prisoner of style. You cannot use any item, skill or familiar that has been unavailable for more than one year. This includes Mr. Store items, holiday content, expired raffle items, and all other limited-time stuff."
- This challenge provides a rotating list of restricted items. For a full list, please see the on-server list, located here (must be logged in).
- You cannot use any item, skill or familiar that has been unavailable for more than one year.
- You don't get the increased fullness on Feast of Boris though you'll still encounter the monsters.
- At this point there are no known divergences to standard play.
- Attempting to use a familiar on the restricted list:
- That familiar is way too outmoded.
- Attempting to buy an item from the mall that is outdated:
- Pff. You wouldn't buy one of those old things even if it was free!
- Attempting to take something from your mall store that is too old:
- You can't bring yourself to touch something so old and unfashionable...
- Attempting to pull an outdated item from Hagnk's:
- Nobody is pulling THOSE anymore. So last year.
- Attempting to jump in An Awesome Ball Pit:
- Pff. You're not using that old thing.
- Attempting to gift an antiquated item to a player in Trendy:
- Your recipient isn't interested in old things.
- Attempting to kmail an antiquated item to a player in Trendy:
- That player would never use something as old and outmoded as a "_____".
- In your Clan VIP Lounge, if a piece of equipment is out of schedule, its place (even if the clan doesn't have that item) will have:
- Attempting to use the April Shower:
- Those things are old news. You only care about the latest gadgets.
- For all outdated books on your Mystical Bookshelf:
- Unfortunately, it's far too old to use.
- The informal name of this path (Type II) refers to the Magic: The Gathering Standard format which restricts decks to the last core release and the 2 most recent block expansions.
- Finishing a Trendy run that began while it was still the current special challenge path -- that is, between November 15th, 2011, and February 14th, 2012 -- gives players 100 (in Hardcore) or 50 (in Normal) extra karma points the next time they visit Valhalla.
- Players will receive a Thwaitgold butterfly statuette upon defeating the Naughty Sorceress.
- Unlike the first 2 challenge paths, Trendy does not have a trophy associated with it.
|Special Challenge Paths|