|The Hermit humbly requests that this page be rewritten or expanded.
Transcendent OlfactionType: Combat
MP Cost: 0
You're really, really good at smelling things. So good, in fact, that once you've taken a good long whiff of a monster, you'll be able to track other monsters that smell the same as though you were some sort of... I dunno, some sort of monster tracker of some sort.
|Source:||Reading a Manual of Transcendent Olfaction|
|Price:||200 filthy lucre|
|Effect:||On the Trail (Intristic)|
|You take a deep breath, allowing your opponent's scent to fill your entire being.
- Can be cast up to 3 times per day. The On the Trail effect remains over rollover, but is lost upon ascension.
- Cannot be cast on a monster that you are currently tracking.
- Using this skill against monsters in Secret Tropical Island Volcano Lair results in:
- You take a deep breath, and start coughing. Your sensitive nasal passages are only picking up sulphur from the nearby volcano.
- Using this skill in any of the Shadow Rifts results in:
- The smells here are too weird to remember.
- Using this skill in the Dreadsylvanian Woods results in:
- The weird foreign pollen in the air here screws up your sense of smell.
- Using this skill in the Dreadsylvanian Village results in:
- The smells in this village are too exotic and strange for you to make any sense of them.
- Using this skill in the Dreadsylvanian Castle results in:
- The castle is so stuffy from years of disuse that you can't really smell anything.
- The dank air down here messes with your sense of smell.
- Using this skill in Gingerbread City results in:
- It's no use. Everything here just smells like gingerbread.
- Using this skill on any of the planets Through the Spacegate results in:
- Everything on this planet smells too weird.
- These quarters are too tight for that.
- Using this skill against another monster which cannot be tracked results in this message:
- The smell of this opponent is too complex for even your superhuman nose to process.
- If you use this skill on the Enormous Greater-Than Sign denizens, its effect will not carry over to their Dungeons of Doom counterparts after you unlock it. That is, sniffing a lowercase B won't make acid blob encounters any more frequent, and so on.
- Prior to Jan 1, 2022, Transcendent Olfaction cost 40 MP to cast, gave only 40 adventures of On the Trail and had no daily usage limit.
- Additionally, you were unable to use this skill with the On the Trail effect active; attempting to do so resulted in the following message:
- Your nose is still ringing from the last thing you smelled.
- For a few days prior to the above update (in preparation for the removal of a duration), you were unable to use Transcendent Olfaction on the same monster twice in a row.