Revision as of 15:42, 9 August 2014 by Blargh
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
The Market Demon runs the Market in Market Square. The Market always has the beginner items you need, if you don't mind paying retail prices.
|Hey. I'm the Market Demon. I sell things, and you buy them. Or else.|
|Ben-Gal™ Balm||24 Meat|
|glittery mascara||24 Meat|
|hair spray||24 Meat|
|fortune cookie||40 Meat|
|beer cartilage||50 Meat|
|chewing gum on a string||50 Meat|
|spray paint||50 Meat|
|fermenting powder||70 Meat|
|soda water||70 Meat|
|casino pass||100 Meat|
|hermit permit||100 Meat|
|moxie weed||200 Meat|
|strongness elixir||200 Meat|
|party hat||300 Meat*|
|Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium||500 Meat|
|Desert Bus pass||5000 Meat*|
|— For The Kitchen —|
|E-Z Cook™ oven||50 Meat|
|My First Shaker™||50 Meat|
|Queue Du Coq cocktailcrafting kit||1,000 Meat|
|Dramatic™ range||1,000 Meat|
|— Fireworks! —*|
|— Oyster Egg Day Special —*|
|oyster basket||300 Meat|
|— Pool Toys! —*|
|foam noodle||300 Meat|
|inflatable duck||300 Meat|
|water wings||300 Meat|
|— Yuletide Treats —*|
- Sells oyster baskets on Oyster Egg Day for 300 Meat.
- Sells fireworks on Dependence Day for 300 Meat.
- Sells party hats on the Festival of Jarlsberg for 300 Meat.
- Sells marshmallows on Yuletide for 100 Meat.
- Sells pool toys on Generic Summer Holiday for 300 Meat.
- You may only purchase 1 Desert Bus pass. It will only be for sale if you haven't unlocked the Desert Beach by making a bitchin' meatcar.
- If you try to buy a negative amount of something:
- That isn't a reasonable number in this context. Thanks for trying, though.
- If you try to buy something without selecting it:
- Remember that time when you tried to buy something without actually specifying what you wanted to buy? That was awesome.
- If you try to access a store that doesn't exist, you get an an empty version of this store with the following as store text:
- Hey. I'm the Market Demon. You've been sent back here by some kind of bug. You might as well buy some stuff while you're here, though.
- The Market Demon is a reference to a computer daemon -— a program consistently running on a computer that serves a specific function (like a mail daemon). In this case, he is always online selling things.
- The text seen when you attempt to purchase an item without selecting anything is a reference to "The Chris Farley Show", an old Saturday Night Live sketch in which Chris Farley would ask various celebrities if they remembered certain scenes from movies they were in, and then say "That was awesome."
- On May 1, 2012, The Market Demon was ousted by General Store.
- On October 7, 2008, The Market began to sell glittery mascara, completing the trio of +15% stat boost items.
- On June 25, 2007, with the advent of NS13, The Market began to sell Ben-Gal™ Balm.
- On September 26th, 2006, The Market began to sell the fortune cookie, previously available from the hermit.
- On June 1st, 2006, The Market began to sell beer cartilage.
- In an impressive show of mercantile fortitude on March 5, 2006, The Armory and Leggery came to acquire all of the equipment that used to be sold by The Market including the snorkel, cool whip, studded leather boxer shorts, sweet ninja sword, slingshot, and Kentucky-style derby.
- Used to sell Valentines on Valentine's Day for 500 Meat prior to the inception of The Gift Shop.
- On August 17, 2004, The Market began to sell fermenting powder, previously available from the hermit.