The Barrel full of Barrels
| This page is in need of content.
The Barrel full of Barrels is a zone within the Big Mountains wherein adventures can smash barrels for rewards, including low- to mid-level Food, Booze, and Spleen items. There is no salient difference which barrel an Adventurer smashes, though some contain Mimics: the odds of a given item is dependent upon other factors. Which barrels contain mimics is predetermined, but can't be deduced unless the player has a Shrine to the Barrel god established: this causes those barrels to appear with an ! above them.
At the beginning of an ascension, the Barrel will contain the full set of 9, as seen in the image below. After all of these are smashed, the player can turn the crank for one Adventure, which cycles three more barrels in along the top row. If the player has a Shrine to the Barrel god, then six barrels are cycled in, instead.
In the Barrel full of Barrels, adventures are only used if you either turn the crank for three more barrels, or smash a mimic. Simply breaking a barrel does not result in a use of an adventure.
It is projected that as the Barrel is used more over the course of an ascension, stronger mimics appear. Whether this is a counter based on how often the crank is turned, how many barrels are smashed, or how many mimics are fought, is not currently known. Furthermore, the type and quality of items in the barrels vary widely, based in part upon the player's level.
One of the following will appear when smashing a barrel which is, in fact, a mimic. The longer one has adventured in this zone during a given ascension, the stronger the mimic will be, but they do not scale to player stats. Upon defeating a mimic, it drops the item which the barrel would ordinarily have given the player.
|tiny barrel mimic|
|small barrel mimic|
|medium-sized barrel mimic|
|huge barrel mimic|
The following items have been shown to drop. Cranking more times results in higher quality items, as well as stronger mimics. Item quality and clover counters reset upon ascension.
- Ten-leaf clover (appears in the row generated after 2 rows cranked, and then every 6 rows cranked)
- Spleen stat items:
- Booze of various types:
- Basic Boozes: Bottle of gin, Bottle of rum, Bottle of tequila, Bottle of vodka, Bottle of whiskey, and Boxed wine.
- Fermenting Powder Drinks: Fine wine, Shot of grapefruit schnapps, Shot of orange schnapps, and Shot of tomato schnapps.
- Advanced Cocktailcrafting base drinks, including the Martini and Margarita, but not the Banana daiquiri.
- Advanced Cocktailcrafting garnished drinks, including the Pink pony and Slap and tickle, but not the Bungle in the jungle.
- Foods of various types:
- Healing and recovery items:
- This area was majorly revamped on 08/25/15. For the previous versions, see The Barrel full of Barrels/Old.
- Guild access is no longer required to adventure here. This change was made two weeks after the revamp, on the grounds that the restriction didn't make a whole lot of sense.
- Attempting to smash a barrel without any remaining adventures returns: "You don't have time to mess around with these barrels." Turning the crank without any remaining adventures does not cycle in any barrels, but the rotation animation still plays.