Revision as of 01:19, 1 September 2005 by Gymnosophist (Individual epic weapon pages have been rolled back to the version from before the epic weapon template was added)
On the EpicWeapon template, three problems and three solutions.
- The navigation aid is big and clunky. Some of the weapons already have a different navigational aid, so we're starting to see a proliferation of navigational aids, which I don't think is a good thing. See Talk:Proposed Standards#Funky Categories and Metastructure.
- Integrating the Notes section with a navigational aid section means that no other notes can ever be properly added to a page with this template (this has been a problem elsewhere).
- It was agreed (I can't remember where this was offhand) that navigational aids should always go on the bottom of the page.
- Eliminate the navigational aid (which effectivly means eliminating the template altogether).
- Split it into a Notes section template and a navigational aid template (a pretty horrible solution).
- Eliminate the Notes section of the template, leaving just the navigational aid section when can then be situated on the bottom of the page.
My personal preferance is to eliminate the template altogether. --Gymnosophist 13:16, 28 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- I'm in agreement (as much as that is worth). Templates are good for repeated text (example from another game - http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki/Sloop and http://www.puzzlepirates.com/wiki/Cutter use templates for the content on the right) but poor for trying to write sections over and over again. --Shagie 17:52, 29 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- As the originator of this template hasn't yet responded to the issues discussed above, and as we seem to have something of a concensus, I've rolled back the individual epic weapon pages to the version from before the epic weapon template was added. --Gymnosophist 20:19, 31 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)