Happy Hallowhatever, Wikians! Today, main page discussions have been archived. A few simple ways to make discussion a bit better. Please keep all little things in the Comments section. I will make every effort to always keep this section at the top. For giant sub-topics of discussion, please feel free to create another section. When commenting, always include --~~~~ at the end of your comment. This will automatically insert a timestamped signature. When replying to comments, please start on the line under the comment you're replying to, and begin with a *, then proceed with your comment. This will insert a bullet point under the comment you're replying to, giving the page more organization.
Discuss on! --Alpaca 21:10, 1 Nov 2005 (MST)
- As this page was getting somewhat unwieldy, I have moved every topic with no new updates since February to the archive above. I left the comments section intact as it seems to serve a vital role, despite the fact that it has not been touched either.--Yiab 05:51, 25 April 2006 (CDT)
- I archived the content again, check above.--SomeStranger (T | C) 21:50, 5 June 2006 (CDT)
- Archived once again. It was getting big --Alpaca (T/C) 19:09, 13 August 2006 (CDT)
Would there be any objection to adding the Tuesday link in the Quick Links bar? --Deezil 14:34, 3 October 2006 (CDT)
Hey, hi - can we add PVP into the Quick Links area? Stepinrazor 14:04, 24 September 2006 (CDT)
How about changing the moons at rollover instead of at 12:00 AM(or whenever it changes). I frequently check the moon cycles after rollover and it's a bit of a hassle to go and look at a calender...--Kookoo275 12:45, 20 August 2006 (CDT)
- Glancing over the way the moons template is written, it looks to me that takes the date according to wiki-server time, and sets the moons based on a pattern that corresponds to the date. I'm not sure if adjusting the template to "rollover" at x hours before server-midnight is plausible. --Alpaca (T/C) 21:27, 20 August 2006 (CDT)
- It is possible to set a global time delta in MediaWiki to make it think it's in a different time zone - this would allow rollover-anchored events to display properly, though it would cause signature timestamps to be off. --Quietust 21:36, 20 August 2006 (CDT)
- Yes, just setting the wiki server's time zone to Arizona time, like the game servers, would solve this. --Jef 08:13, 23 September 2006 (PDT)
Are the Moons ummm you know broken? I mean I'm getting a Aug 27/06 still and it is 5:04 pm AZMountain on the 28th. The whole changing the system to incoporate the minimoon and move it from the older system seems entirely worthless to me. The moons use to be correct and not excessivly hard to glean info from with a link that went to a nice calendar page etc. It seems like in the aim of progress we have achieved the exact opposite.--Practitioner of Saucy Arts 19:06, 28 August 2006 (CDT)
- Your browser is caching the front page. Refresh and you'll see up-to-date info. --Quietust 19:58, 28 August 2006 (CDT)
It shouldn't take 7 tries to enter one friggin URL. Lookit Repeating crossbow. All I added was the quote to IMDB, sourcing my quote.
- CAPTCHA. When you absolutely, positively got to PISS OFF every KoLer in the room, accept no substitutes.
I am aware of Discussion/archive2#CAPTCHAs_Br0ken. That discussion was silently archived. There are no other hits for CAPTCHA in the wiki and the issue is still broken.
- --Einstein9073 19:35, 25 August 2006 (CDT)
- I've never had any problems with captchas, as long as I do lowercase.--Dehstil (t|c) 21:15, 25 August 2006 (CDT)
- Then document that they have to be lowercase, or fix the images to be in lowercase. Oh, and a different font so the "O" and "D" look different would be nice. Einstein9073 10:45, 26 August 2006 (CDT)
- They are in lowercase, but the font is weird. It's on our list of things to do but can't easily access.--Dehstil (t|c) 12:57, 26 August 2006 (CDT)
- Ok, it now says "you'll need to type in the words (in lowercase) that appear in this image". ;) --Dehstil (t|c) 19:58, 27 August 2006 (CDT)
Critical Hit/Fumbles for monsters
Can you guys program a new tag specially for critical hits and fumbles, maybe putting a red CRITICAL HIT!: <message> in front and perhaps a blue FUMBLE!: <message> so that the combat messages become clearer?--Thekmt 01:30, 30 August 2006 (CDT)
Eight New Zones
"The wiki is going to follow this request and not allow posting of ANY new content related to zones until the rollover after. Really. This is not a joke."
Seriously, what the fuck. This wiki is by definition a SPOILER SITE. And who just laid down the law and decided this? I strongly disagree with this. I won't disobey, because I value this wiki as a resource I can augment whenever I will, and the same heavy-handedness that was used to make this decision will probably result in my account being disabled if I go against this. Currently, I am unable to check the new zones and will not be able to for a few weeks, as I am currently doing some speed runs, and cannot deviate from my planned course. I would really like to log on to the wiki and see the new content. Now. --rkMerafel 23:45, 19 September 2006 (CDT)
I have to agree. The update says (and I quote) "As always with new content, though, please refrain from posting spoilers in chat or the forums for at least a couple of days." If Jick had specifically said "hey guys please don't spoil this anywhere, even the wiki okay" then maybe I'd understand, but this is a spoiler site, and if people don't want to be spoiled, they won't look up what they don't want to be spoiled. --Stak 23:48, 19 September 2006 (CDT)
- It's gone. Bad idea. I don't know, I roughly equated it to the leaflet words everyone tries so hard to protect. I would think that those that find the new zones would hold back anyways for at least a day to milk out new items' values.--SomeStranger (t|c) 23:50, 19 September 2006 (CDT)
- First of all, I don't know who decided we would not immediately start adding stuff to the wiki as it was discoved. It wasn't me. I always thought the "48 Hour rule" applied to rKoL, KoL Chat, and the KoL forums, not any third parties. Second, I do not consider the wiki to be a "spoiler site". I consider the wiki to be a "complete catalogue of KoL content"(past and present), alliteration included. It "spoiling" is just a side effect of being complete. I have not idea why we wouldn't want the logging begin, since there will be a lot to do. Thirdly, cussing never helps anyhting, all it does is piss people off... sometimes even though they may even agree with you. Fourth, I hate how the "announcment" links to the main page's talk page. This page should be for discussion about the main page, not general discussion.--JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 23:54, 19 September 2006 (CDT)
- On a side note, it'd be nearly impossible to stop without making the wiki read only for 2 days, since it's a wiki "anyone can edit it". I'm not caertainly going to concern myself with deleting every new page that pops up... (unless it's garbage fo course). --JRSiebz (☎|§|‡) 00:01, 20 September 2006 (CDT)
- Well, thanks for being reasonable, SomeStranger. JRSiebz, if you had a clue, you would know that SS posted a link here for use to "yell at you", so don't start mouthing off. The Admins of KoL have every right to say "no spoilers" on their sites, but they have no jurisdiction here, and it is down to the individual to decide whether or not to post spoilers. If I were spading, I certainly would be. And Stak makes an excellent point, "this is a spoiler site, and if people don't want to be spoiled, they won't look up what they don't want to be spoiled" Reason prevails. --rkMerafel 23:59, 19 September 2006 (CDT)
- To make it up to you guys I spoiled 50% of the new zones on the Tuesday page.--SomeStranger (t|c) 00:03, 20 September 2006 (CDT)
- Now that the content is fairly complete, please consider running my feature. :) --DataVortex 04:38, 22 September 2006 (CDT)
- Sorry, I was half asleep when I wrote that; there is clearly a shield category. Still no page, though, so I might add that some time. --Starwed 08:06, 27 September 2006 (CDT)