Revision as of 02:43, 27 August 2015 by Kitsunegami (→References: Removed mid-sentence period and redundant WP link.)
This is a plus sign. It's about a foot tall, and about a foot wide. It's sort of heavy.
(In-game plural: plus signs)
- From inventory, before The Oracle's major consultation:
|You have no idea what this thing is for.|
- From inventory, after consultation:
|Following The Oracle's advice, you treat the plus sign as a book, and read it. It describes, in great detail, a place called the Dungeons of Doom. The first chapter teaches you that the Enormous Greater-Than Sign is actually the stairway leading to these dungeons, and the rest of the book teaches you how to recognize the items and monsters contained within its halls.
After you're done reading the book, it vanishes in a puff of obsolescence.
You dig through your inventory and identify all of the crap you already picked up down there:
- Grants access to The Dungeons of Doom.
- The items given are converted from the items sourced from the Enormous Greater-Than Sign.
- The conversion into new items is done according to some random function; a Percent-Sign that drops from a lowercase a will not automatically turn into royal jelly, for example.
- Items from the Enormous Greater-Than Sign not in main inventory (Display Case, Hagnk's, Closet) are not converted – according to a bug report response, this is intended behavior to let players amass a collection of unconverted items if they so wish.