| There are some vague or non-exact figures and information on this page. Some spading is required.
MP Cost: 4
If you can almost hear your opponent thinking "I need you to knee me," this is the perfect skill for you. Nothing takes an opponent down a notch (MAB!) more than a well-placed knee to the naughty bits.
Hit an opponent with your knee
|Effect:||Deals (pants power/10) to (pants power/5) damage (1 if no pants equipped) in addition to your regular weapon attack. Its effects are altered by Turtle Blessings.|
|With no Turtle Blessings:|
Then you knee it in its groin, making it groan and doing X damage.
With a Blessing of the War Snapper:
With a Blessing of She-Who-Was:
With a Blessing of the Storm Tortoise:
- This skill's effects are enhanced by Turtle Blessings:
|Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Delevels defense 5-6|
|Grand Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Delevels defense 10-12|
|Glorious Blessing of the War Snapper||Damages enemy. Delevels defense 18-20|
|Blessing of She-Who-Was||Spooky Damage. Delevels attack|
|Grand Blessing of She-Who-Was||Spooky Damage. Delevels attack|
|Glorious Blessing of She-Who-Was||Spooky Damage. Delevels attack|
|Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Damages enemy.|
|Grand Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Damages enemy.|
|Glorious Blessing of the Storm Tortoise||Damages enemy.|
- Kneebutt adds a +2*level bonus (capped at level 10, (20 total)) to your muscle when calculating hit chance (i.e. if your muscle is 30, level 10, and would normally need at least 45 to hit a monster, Kneebutt will be able to hit that monster.)
- The power doubling from Tao of the Terrapin does apply to the damage from this skill.
- Previously cost 7,000 meat. An update on July 19, 2010, changed this.
- Prior to the Turtle Tamer skill revamp on November 7, 2013, this skill dealt (pants power/10) to (pants power/5) damage (1 if no pants equipped) and staggered 50% of the time. Its use message was:
- After that, you deliver a fierce knee to the groin (or groin-analogue) of your opponent, doing X extra damage.
- If the opponent was staggered from the attack, the following message was added:
- Your opponent doubles over in pain, and falls over. It's even more painful than a boot to the head (nyah, nyah).
- Attempting to use it with a ranged weapon produced the following message:
- You can't use Kneebutt with a ranged weapon. Because, y'know, that's not how ranged weapons work.
- This skill's description is a reference to celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse, whose catchphrases include "kick it up a notch" and "BAM!"
- The line "I need you to knee me" is a reference to the song "I Want You to Want Me", by Cheap Trick.
- The attack text "It's even more painful than a boot to the head (nyah, nyah)" is a reference to the song/sketch "Ti Kwan Leep/Boot to the Head" by the Frantics.