Revision as of 01:19, 8 September 2022 by Volc (Mention of old functionality)
|Look, a harmless box.|
Nothing scary to see here.
Wanna go get - Aaaaaaaaah!
Increases stat gains and item drops from monsters (sometimes)
|Ultimate Cage Match||Scavenger Hunt||Obstacle Course||Hide and Seek|+15% Meat Drop 4-5 MP +3 Muscle statgain +15% Item Drop +4 Mysticality statgain 18-20HP +2 Moxie statgain Bleeding damage* *Hover for details
|Cannot breathe underwater|
- After 1 kill:
- You turn <name>'s crank for a while.
- After 2 or more kills, without acting:
- The tension builds as you turn <name>'s crank some more.
- After acting, giving a +stat and +item bonus:
|You turn <name>'s crank a little more, and all of a sudden a horrible grinning clown head emerges with a loud bang. It wobbles back and forth on the end of its spring, as though dancing to some sinister calliope music you can't actually hear...|
- Enthroned in the Crown of Thrones:
- Bjornified in the Buddy Bjorn:
- With lucky Tam O'Shanter equipped:
- The Tam sits motionless atop the box.
- With miniature gravy-covered maypole equipped:
- The box dances a motionless jig around the maypole.
- With wax lips equipped:
- The wax lips sit motionless atop the box.
- When entered in any event:
- The Jack-in-the-Box just sits there.
- The chance for the item and stat bonuses to be triggered appears to be 50% for each combat.
- The Jack will not be triggered on the first combat it is used, or when it was triggered on the previous combat that it was used.
- The brass crank handle is not required.
- Its weight on the turns it does not activate is not relevant; only its weight on the turn it activates is taken into account.
- The familiar retains the cranking counter when not in use. For example, you can use it for one combat, switch to another familiar for 10 combats, then switch back to this one and it will keep its cranked state.
- The cranking counter is reset on rollover.
- Losing a combat (such as by getting Beaten Up or doing a Run Away) will not increase the crank count, and thus not trigger the effect. Winning a combat without getting fight experience for it (such as via Apprivoisez la tortue) will also not trigger the crank.
- Assuming that the probability of the Jack triggering is 50% for each combat after the first, the average number of combats needed for the Jack to trigger is 3. (P = (1/0.5)+1)
- Prior to Sept 8, 2013, the Jack-in-the-Box would trigger on every third combat.