Revision as of 22:45, 1 January 2017 by PeKaJe (Was never updated with notrade/nodiscard)
This is the Disco Banjo, legendary weapon of the Disco Bandits. Lay down the boogie, and play that funky music 'til your enemies grovel before you.
(In-game plural: Disco Banjos)
You plunk out "I will Survive" on your banjo. It sounds horrible, but if you keep hitting for X damage like this, it's bound to be prophetic. WHAM! BARF! ZOT!
You make like a hillbilly Pete Townshend and smash your banjo over <its> head for X damage. ZAP! WHAM! BAM!
You play some country disco, doing X damage, which is the way (uh huh uh huh) you like it (uh huh uh huh). BARF! SPLAT! KERBLAM!
You pick out a ditty on your banjo. <It> winces, suffering X damage. POW! KAPOW! KERBLAM!
You pick out a wicked little ditty on your Disco Banjo. Your opponent attempts to duel you, but fails, sustaining X damage. SOCKO! POW! ZAP!
- This item was not smithable until NS13. Before NS13, it was made using meat paste.
- Prior to an update on June 2nd, 2015, this item was meatsmithed from a stone banjo and a disco ball. The same update made it untradeable and removed its autosell value of 150.
- The description of this item refers to a lyric from end of the refrain from the song "Play That Funky Music (White Boy)" by the band Wild Cherry, "Lay down that boogie and play that funky music 'til you die."
- "I will survive" was a hit song sung by Gloria Gaynor, and "it's bound to be prophetic" may refer to the probability that you will survive the fight
- Pete Townshend is famous for smashing guitars onstage while performing with the Who. He is not as famous for playing the banjo in the Confederates.
- "Your opponent attempts to duel you" refers to Dueling Banjos, an instrumental composition by Arthur "Guitar Boogie" Smith.
"54" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database.