Revision as of 15:52, 29 August 2021 by VinnyB (→Notes: sausgobs suffice to set the countdown counter)
MP Cost: 5-20
Your Source terminal has taught you how to make temporal copies of a foe and paste them into the future of your specific TPU thread.
Copy an enemy and paste it into your future
|Source:||Source Terminal: educate digitize.edu|
|Effect:||Staggers and causes the opponent to appear as a wandering monster|
|You quickly copy the monster and then paste her into the future several times.
Against monsters that can't be copied:This monster's encryption is too strong for you to copy it.
- Causes the monster to become a wandering monster similar to the Reanimated Reanimator and the Obtuse Angel.
- The wandering monster comes with the intro text:
- Looks like you must have hit CTRL+V, because that <monster> you had copied is here, and ready to rumble.
- Wandering monsters will be scheduled for 7 turns after the end of the combat where this skill was used, then following appearances after 20, 30, 40, 50, etc. turns after the previous wanderer.
- For example, the first copy will appear 7 turns after using the skill, the second after 27, then 57, and so on (assuming all turns are spent in locations where copies can show up, and that the digitized monster takes a turn to fight). Rollover will stop the monster from appearing as a wanderer.
- The number of copies is only limited by turns spent.
- Casting the skill again resets this counter (even if the monster is the same).
- To start the initial 7-turn countdown, you must encounter a normal combat in a zone that allows wanderers.
- Source Terminal progression:
- Daily use: Starts at 1x/day; gains additional castings with the installation of the (tradable) TRIGRAM and the (extrudable) TRAM chips, for a total of 3x/day.
- MP cost: Starts at 20 MP; reduced by 5 MP with the installation of an ASHRAM chip, and by an 1 MP with the installation of each of up to 10 SPAM chips, for a minimum of 5 MP.
- Some possible in-run uses of the digitize skill are as follows: Modern zmobies, Witchess Pieces (free fights for burning delay), Lobsterfrogmen, Dairy goats, and assorted monsters from the Level 11 quest.
- Prior to an update on July 11, 2016, the delay for the first monster appearance was 5-10, then following appearances followed the formula 15 + 10 X + (0-10) where X is the number of times the wandering monster had appeared, or 25-35, 35-45, 45-55, 55-65 ...