Normally, the citizens of the Knoll will be hostile towards you. However, adventurers born under the Mongoose, Wallaby, or Vole moon sign, will be treated as fellow Knoll citizens and have access to various NPCs and stores.
The hostile Degrassi Knoll contains 4 zones:
- The Degrassi Knoll Restroom
- The Degrassi Knoll Bakery
- The Degrassi Knoll Gym
- The Degrassi Knoll Garage
The friendly Degrassi Knoll contains 8 zones:
- The Plunger's Office
- The Bakery & Hardware Store
- The Gym
- Innabox's Garage
- Mayor Zapruder's Office
- The Bugbear Pens
- The Spooky Gravy Burrow
- The Mushroom Fields
- If trying to enter Friendly Degrassi via alternate means, while not born under an appropriate Moon Sign, the player will see the following message:
- You tried to go into Degrassi, and I said "No, no, no."
- A player trying to enter Hostile Degrassi before it's available will be blocked, with the simple message:
- No, not really.
- This zone got a major redesign on August 27th, 2013. The previous zone was an adventurable location and can be found here.
- Degrassi Knoll is a play on "the grassy knoll" of Dealey Plaza, west and north of the location where John F. Kennedy was assassinated on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas. The Warren Commission concluded that Lee Harvey Oswald, acting alone, fired a rifle from the Texas School Book Depository that killed the president. However, the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations concluded from acoustical evidence that a second gunman (who missed) also fired on the Presidential motorcade from the "grassy knoll."
- The message received for unauthorized access is a reference to "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse.