Carnivorous Moxie Weed
|Carnivorous Moxie Weed|
|Locations||Menagerie Level 2|
|Monster Parts||head, vine, stem|
This is a giant moxie weed, which has, via genetic manipulation by the Knob Goblin Mad Scientists, developed a tendency to move around and eat people.
It smacks you in the <calf> with one thick, moxie-dripping leaf. Argh! Argh! Argh!
It slickly, smoothly, and charmingly devours your <kidney>. Oof! Ow! Eek!
It bites you in the <eye>. Man, vegetarians are right -- plants suck and should be eaten. Oof! Ugh! Ooh! Eek! Oof!
It pokes you with several moxie-coated thorns. You feel like putting on a cowboy hat and singing a sad, sad song. Ouch! Ouch! Ooh! Argh! Ow!
It whips you with several leafy tentacles while biting you with its leafy fangs. Surprisingly, leafy fangs can do some serious damage. Ooh! Ow! Ouch! Argh!
It smacks you with a leaf, but you bite it off. Then spend a while giggling at your own hands.
It tries to put the moxious hoodoo on you, but you resist.
It tries to bite you in the neck, but apparently it isn't an adventurertarian.
It tries to poke you with its thorns, but it turns out it doesn't have any. I guess every night doesn't have a dawn, after all.
It tangles itself up in its tentacles and falls over, uprooting itself. Stupid hasty plant. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: giant moxie weed (20.2% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: giant moxie weed (7.5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: moxie weed (30.2% chance)*|
|You gain 16-17 <substat>.|
Occurs at Menagerie Level 2.
- This might be a reference to the film The Little Shop of Horrors, where a plant comes alive and eats people while playing off of the guilt of a foolish man.
- The "it pokes you with several moxie-coated thorns" hit message and the "It tries to poke you with its thorns" miss message both refer to the song "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison. The lines about a cowboy singing a sad, sad song, and the message about every night having a dawn are lyrics from that song
- Although the New Zealand band 8 Foot Sativa has a music video featuring a Carnivorous Moxie Weed, this is almost certainly a coincidence.
- The fumble text refers to Ents creatures from The Lord of the Rings trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien. The Ents were living trees that constantly criticized others for being hasty.
- The "giggling at your hands" miss message might be a reference to the psychoactive drug cannabis, which is sometimes known as "weed".