|Locations||The Haunted Ballroom|
|Monster Parts||arm, head, leg, torso|
Out on the floor of the Haunted Ballroom, you encounter a pair of waltzing zombies. Enough of their features are still intact that you recognize one as male and one as female, but that's about as far as it goes.
They slowly rotate, as though there was nothing in the world but the two of them. Oh, and you, because they seem to want to eat your brains.
The female detaches the male's arm from its socket, hits you in the <groin> with it, then puts it back. Ouch! Argh! Eek! Ow! Ugh!
The waltzers waltz up to you and bite you on both sides of your head. Ooh! Eek! Ooh! Ow! Ouch!
The waltzers step, then they step again, then they turn and the male one hits you in the <thigh>. Eek! Ouch! Oof! Eek! Ouch!
What, these zombies think they can waltz right in here and bite you in your <elbow>, <groin>, and <arse>? Apparently they do think that, because that's precisely what they do to you. Argh! Ow! Oof! Ooh! Argh!
The male tries to swing the female into you, but you sidle out of the way and she goes tumbling across the dance floor.
They waltz toward you menacingly, but the organist misses a beat and they veer off at an angle and miss you.
The waltzers step, then they step again, then they turn to hit you, but you're three steps ahead of them.
The waltzers waltz toward you menacingly, but before they make it to you, one of the female's legs falls off, starting a chain reaction that leaves them in pieces on the floor. (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 40-60 Meat (average: 50, stdev: 4.47)*|
|You acquire an item: dance card (15.3% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: ballroom blintz (16.6% chance)*|
|You gain 27-28 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Haunted Ballroom.
- Occasionally gives the effect Half-Eaten Brain on hit.
You acquire an effect: Half-Eaten Brain
(duration: 10 Adventures)
- This monster counts as a group (of size two). It takes manifold damage from area-of-effect skills such as Wave of Sauce.
- The adventure may be a reference to the 1962 film Carnival of Souls, which features a dancehall filled with zombies dancing a waltz who then attack the protagonist.
- "The waltzers step, then they step again, then they turn to hit you, but you're three steps ahead of them" refers to the fact that there are three steps per measure in a waltz.
- This adventure (and its accompanying graphic of the zombies holding hands) may be a reference to the Stanley Kubrick film The Shining.
- Prior to May 14, 2014 this monster had significantly higher stats (110 attack, 110 defense, 120 HP).