Yuletide troll chrysalis
This nearly-petrified cocoon contains a relic of Loathing's distant past -- an ancient yuletide troll. These creatures were renowned for their delightful (albeit combative) singing voices.
(In-game plural: yuletide troll chrysa... chrys... chrysali)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You put the yuletide troll chrysalis in your Familiar-Gro™ Terrarium.|
|It hatches into an ancient yuletide troll! He stops in front of each of your other familiars and sings a festive Crimbo carol to each one.|
|You decide to name him Trofferson.|
- December 2006's item of the month from Mr. Store.
- Its in-store description: Volleyball + 40% of a Ghuol Whelp. Also occasionally drops items that let you cast minor buffs on other people.
- The description was later changed to this:
- Volleyball + a weaker version of a Ghuol Whelp. Also occasionally drops items that let you cast minor buffs on other people.
- In actuality, the plural form of Chrysalis is "Chrysalises" or "Chrysalides". You will be quizzed on this.
- The name of this item and the resulting familiar refer to a line from the secular Christmas carol "Deck the Halls", which is "Troll the ancient Yule tide carol, / Fa la la la la, la la la la."
- Could possibly be a reference to Terry Pratchett's fantasy series Discworld, where there is a troll named Chrysoprase.
|TOP 10 yuletide troll chrysalis collections|
6. Catatonia - 6 | 7. HBar - 6 | 8. gonepostal - 5 | 9. Zaranthos - 5 | 10. padmaclynne - 5
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings
| Preceded by:
| yuletide troll chrysalis
| Succeeded by:|
Great Ball of Frozen Fire