|Monster Parts||head, tail|
This is a fierce white snake. Like a drifter, it was born to slither alone.
It starts to rock you like a hurricane, then realizes it's not a scorpion and bites you instead. Ugh! Ow!
It makes up it's [sic] mind that it ain't wastin' no more time, and quickly sinks its fangs into your <giblets>. Oof! Ugh!
It starts to wait on love's sweet charity. While it's waiting, it decides to chomp on your <solar plexus>. Argh! Ouch!
Here it goes again, sinking its fangs into your <ear>. Ooh! Eek!
It finds a hidden cache of heavy, wrapped parcels on the battleground. It picks them up in its mouth, then uses its tongue to flick them rapidly at you, bruising your <foot> and your <knee>. Damn parcels! Damn tongue! Ouch! Oof!
It tries to rock you like a hurricane, but you remind it that it's not a scorpion.
It starts to bite you again, but can't make up its mind whether to waste more time before doing so.
It starts to chomp on your <giblets>, but decides to wait on love's sweet charity.
Here it goes again on its own, trying to sink its fangs into your <eye>. But you dodge before he gets a mouthful.
It starts to attack again, then sinks despairingly to the ground. "You know," it says, "I never seem to find what I'm looking for." You respond, "You too? Man, I still haven't found what I'm looking for, either." (FUMBLE!)
|You gain 8-12 Meat (average: 10, stdev: 1.15)*|
|You acquire an item: white snake skin (30.5% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: bird rib (25% chance)*|
|You gain 8-9 <substat>.|
Occurs at Whitey's Grove.
- A successful attack from this monster has a chance of poisoning you:
|You acquire an effect: A Little Bit Poisoned|
(duration: 10 Adventures)
- Prior to the revamp of June 9, 2014, the bird rib had a 35% drop rate after talking to Mr. Alarm, but before giving him the wet stunt nut stew. Otherwise, it was a 20% drop.
- The image for this monster used to be this:
- Jick's wife teased him until he improved it, but Mr. Skullhead has stated on the radio show (26th Feb 2007) that he prefers Jick's original drawing.
- The adventure title and monster description reference hair-metal band Whitesnake, which had a major hit with "Here I Go Again" on its 1987 album Whitesnake 1987: "Here I go again on my own / Like a drifter I was born to walk alone." The companion video featured a scantily clad Tawny Kitaen who was later charged with battering her then-husband, pitcher Chuck Finley of the Cleveland Indians.
- "Rock you like a hurricane" is a reference to a different metal band, Scorpions, and its song Rock You Like a Hurricane from its 1984 album Love at First Sting.
- The critical hit message refers to Parseltongue, the language of snakes in the popular Harry Potter series.
- The fumble message refers to the band U2, and their song "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".
- The new snake image is similar to Sly from the flash game The Asylum.