|Locations||The Spectral Pickle Factory|
|Monster Parts||fin, head, tail|
Among the vines that have overgrown the Spectral Pickle Factory, you encounter a vine gar. The scourge of both oceanic and jungle climes, it is one of the ugliest and meanest species of vine-swinging fish in the Kingdom. Don't let the fact that it's the only contender in this category fool you -- it's plenty mean, and plenty ugly.
It's a good thing this gar doesn't have two cars, because it looks pretty mad, and there's no way you could survive the dreaded "two car gar rage."
It leaps from the vines and sinks its big, sharp, pointy teeth into your <kidney>. Oof! Ooh! Ugh! Argh! Ow! Eek! Ugh!
It channels its gar rage at you, covering you in grease. Somehow. Eek! Ooh! Ow! Ouch! Argh! Oof!
The gar produces two tiny toy cars from under one of its gills, and gives you a taste of his gar rage. It tastes like blood. Ouch! Ouch! Oof! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Eek! Ooh!
It starts to leap from the vines at you, but some dude wearing nothing but a loincloth swings past on another vine and knocks it off-course.
It leaps from the vines, fails to bite you, and falls on the floor, where it must flop its way back to the vines.
The gar swings from one vine to another, from that vine to a third, and from the third right into a wall. He should have made his escape with the help of an ape, I guess. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: vinegar (50% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: vinegar (20% chance)*|
|You gain 40 <substat>.|
Occurs at The Spectral Pickle Factory.
- "Vine Gar" is a play on the word "vinegar."
- In the game Donkey Kong Junior, the player must climb up vines, and avoid carnivorous fish that slide down them.
- The miss text is a reference to Tarzan, who wore a loin cloth and was famous for his vine swinging prowess.
- "Two car gar rage" is a play off of a two-car garage.
- A Gar is a real fish in the waters of southeastern North American which has a reputation for being vicious.
- "Big, sharp, pointy teeth" is the phrase used by Tim the Enchanter in Monty Python and the Holy Grail to describe the killer rabbit.
- The fumble message is a reference to George of the Jungle, a cartoon featuring a bumbling lead character based on Tarzan who frequently slams into trees while swinging from vines. The opening theme song includes the line "When he gets in a scrape | he makes an escape | with the help of his friend | an ape named 'Ape'."