This collar is a creature of the night, a hunter with humanity as its prey. It suffers from its eternal bloodlust, forever cut off from the world, beautiful in its solitude. It's the most exquisitely tormented piece of black velvet you've ever seen.
(In-game plural: vampire collars)
- On a critical hit against a monster:
|You gain X hit points.|
- X is 10% of the physical damage dealt by your attack, rounded up.
- If you are in elemental form, the collar's base damage is based on what your physical damage would have been.
- The amount the collar heals is equal to its base damage, even if elemental alignment or physical resistance alter the actual damage done.
- The critical hit effects of the V for Vivala mask take precedence over the collar's effect, unless the monster is killed by your attack, in which case both effects take place.
- The collar's effect does NOT take place with the critical hits from spells.
- After complaints that an item with such a high stat requirement dropped in such a low-level zone, this item replaced the vampire cape on April 11, 2013.
- The "creature of the night" line is a reference to Dracula. In it, the Count refers to howling wolves thusly: "Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!". The phrase has since become a horror cliché.
- "Creature of the Night" is also used in the song "Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch-a, Touch Me" in The Rocky Horror Show.
- There is some contention over why vampires make the sound "blah" (or bluh or bleh).
|TOP 10 vampire collar collections|
6. MYsticalVAMPIRELORD - 972 | 7. CursedGrimoire - 963 | 8. lOuYinGbO - 889 | 9. Farflier - 607 | 10. hotdeth - 564
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings