Valentine's Day cake
This lovely cake is shaped like two hearts joined at approximately the left ventricle (it's hard to tell with the level of detail in a Valentine's heart). It's the most romantic dessert you've ever seen. It seems to say, "darling, when I think of you, I think of martyred saints and massacres." Or, more simply put: "I want to love you madly, I want to love you now."
(In-game plural: Valentine's Day cakeses, preciousss)
- Obsoleted Areas/Methods
|You eat the Valentine's Day cake. It makes you smile with your heart. Which, on the whole, is fairly painful.|
|(You gain 3 Fullness.)|
- The description makes reference the St. Valentine's Day massacre, a series of gang-related shootings in 1929 Chicago (not to mention the song "Love You Madly" by the band Cake, albums by 50 Cent and Motörhead, a 1967 film, and a WWF event).
- The martyred saint is St. Valentine, whose feast day is Feb. 14th. Though little is known (beyond his martyrdom) about the life of St. Valentine, legend holds that he was beheaded on orders of the Roman Emperor for refusing to deny his faith.
- The text when consumed is a reference to the opening lyrics of the 1937 Rodgers and Hart song My Funny Valentine, from their musical Babes in Arms: "My funny valentine / Sweet comic valentine / You make me smile with my heart".
- This item's plural form references Gollum's way of talking in J.R.R. Tolkien's book The Lord of the Rings.
|TOP 10 Valentine's Day cake collections|
6. Beastyclaire - 37 | 7. Marm - 33 | 8. Bitter Hawk - 33 | 9. Skent - 30 | 10. Wraithtech - 25
Collection data courtesy of ePeterso2 and Jicken Wings