- is this a new in-game category?
- how are things so categorised?
- what purpose does it serve, except to need updating?
- not complaining, just mystified. --Evilkolbot 13:36, 29 June 2012 (CEST)
- never mind, i should do some more research. --Evilkolbot 13:38, 29 June 2012 (CEST)
"I'm actually curious how many people read these edit summaries."
- I read them. They can definitely be the difference between my reviewing the change or not. Like if you make twelve similar changes, and comment them all the same, eg "changing tense in obsolete page", I might check none. But if all have no summary, I might check them all. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 16:51, 26 March 2013 (UTC)
Spooky Egg spading
Based on the comment in your last change might I recommend making a "spading summary" placed below the daily inputs a la:
|From Date||To Date||SSEs||Commons||Uncommons||Rares||TPNSs|
The totals might be automated? But that would necessitate leaving the older data on the page, which I believe you are trying to cut down on. I don't want to step on your project, so up to you.--MageRed (talk) 18:53, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
ring of Detect Boring Doors
Are you sure that's a gelatinous cubeling effect? I got it on a pickpocket action from a sleaze bugbear.
 Dreadsylvanian Woods Encounter: Lays Down With Frat Paddles Strategy: F:\kolmafia\ccs\Stomp and weapon.ccs [default] Round 0: krennvonsalzburg wins initiative! Round 1: Your opponent gets his arm stuck in Sluuuuurk, which dissolves it down to the bone. Your foe is somewhat weaker now, but on the bright side, sweet skeleton arm, dude. Round 1: sleaze bugbear drops 17 attack power. Round 1: sleaze bugbear drops 17 defense. Round 1: krennvonsalzburg executes a macro! Round 1: krennvonsalzburg attacks! Unknown item found: ring of Detect Boring Doors (6303, 611897363) -------------------- 6303 ring of Detect Boring Doors 611897363 weddingring.gif accessory t 0 ring of Detect Boring Doors 0 none # ring of Detect Boring Doors: Detects Boring Doors (Duh) --------------------
- Yeah, I am pretty sure, having gotten it myself and talked to several people who had gotten it today. It drops before the normal monster drops, though, so your pickpocket probably failed and the cubeling dropped it before the 'end-fight' sequence was triggered, would be my guess. --KingBobson (talk) 08:00, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- No, it definitely came from the pickpocket - the combat went on for about eight more rounds after that, ending on round nine, because of the 200 damage cap on the bugbears. It's not impossible that the cubeling could alter the behavior of a pickpocket, I suppose. Unfortunately it happened while I was auto-adventuring so I didn't see the full text. --KrennVonSalzburg (talk) 10:03, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm. My first thought would be to assume that mafia completed the fight instantly and then looked over the logs and noticed a new item, defining it before printing the rest of the combat logs, but that is quite interesting. Forgive me on this, but, as the other obtainment method of the ring (end-of-combat giving) has been seen by more people and has been seen while manually playing, I'd think the current 'Obtained From' should remain until someone else notices the same as you. --KingBobson (talk) 10:22, 18 August 2013 (UTC)
High-Ranking Warbear Officer
Hi. You've undone my addition of a fourth warbear whosit from the High-Ranking Warbear Officer. "Reason: Might want to check your effects". Indeed I had the effect Warbear Hunter active when it happened, so I'm guessing you know more about this than I do. If you have further information on the +Item Drops from WarBears effect, I'd love to see it added on the corresponding pages. Otherwise I would predict further falsified edits from other users in the future. --Yatsufusa (talk) 03:44, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- Yeah, sorry for being vague. I'll probably edit that later today, after I do a bit of testing on exactly how it works. --KingBobson (talk) 03:57, 18 December 2013 (UTC)
- ...no. No I did not. Thanks for pointing that out! --KingBobson (talk) 16:52, 8 June 2018 (UTC)