- the problem with collaborative editorship are that most people (and i include myself in this category) don't know much. and some people really are jackasses. in the first instance we have to be ruthless.
- i realise that you added the reference because you thought it relevant. i also understand that each word that we put into this wiki is like one of our own children (see Eldritch butterknife.) unfortunately, though, the way it works is this. i put a reference in, one i believe very passionately in. it is mercilessly reviewed by people who love taking stuff out of the wiki but who are hopefully moderated by a sense of fairness. if they feel they have a reason they take it out, they do. if i beleive their reasoning is wrong, i put a note in the discussion page explaining myself, and appeal to their sense of reason and fair play. goes back in, taken out, it should be a joint decision. at any point either one can appeal to the mods (or jinya if necessary.)
- i'm gonna git you sucka is a parody. it works because it's playing on cliches about how we already percieve the world. its portrayal of pimps wasn't something it made up, everything about them (including diamond-studded canes) was a reference to already existing popular culture. this is why nearly every futurama and homstar runner reference ends up being removed too.
- i dont think i was unfair to remove your reference, nor did i fail to follow etiquette. i'm sorry if your feelings were hurt. --Evilkolbot 03:50, 13 May 2006 (CDT)
- i've just noticed something. you used the words well-intentioned. even jackasses would claim their intentions are good. from here i can't see what flavour your intentions are. --Evilkolbot 04:15, 13 May 2006 (CDT)
- You seem to be more knowledgable on this; could you help me clarify monster damage?--Dehstil (t|c) 17:06, 3 November 2006 (CST)
- Is that good?--DirkDiggler 17:48, 3 November 2006 (CST)
In an update of my discussion of deprecated vs depreciated you asked "Shuldn't a grammer rant have bettar speling then this?)". Assuming that your spelling was in fact a parody of my poor spelling and answering the question literally, I'll say "of course it should. Any article deserves proper spelling and thank you for correcting mine". :)
I am saddened that what I wrote came off as a rant however. I observed someone saying something along the lines of "I think you meant 'deprecated'" followed by the original author saying "no I didn't". I was afraid that simply fixing it again without an explanation would lead to pointless revisions.--Mkanoap 18:54, 21 January 2007 (CST)
- What you wrote was fine, and was good editorship -- if anything I was crossing the line by fixing your spelling in the Talk: page. All of it was meant in good fun, and I thank you for your reasoned response :-) --DirkDiggler 22:08, 21 January 2007 (CST)
Over at Discussion/Infoboxes, you mentioned generating an updated version of Parseable Monster Statistics. Is this still something you could do in the near future (so I can go ahead and create the combat adventure data pages)? --Quietust (t|c) 13:17, 20 April 2007 (CDT)