I have started a discussion on the Skeleton discussion page. Please take a look and respond, at least if you still think it's wrong to have that use message included. The point is that the message text is a different thing than the information about the skeletons being lost, and general policy as I understand it being to include such messages. --Notsupposedtobehere 01:13, 29 November 2012 (CET)
- You can ignore this; I realized I made a mistake.--Notsupposedtobehere 01:18, 29 November 2012 (CET)
- It's the same as other messages. It's similar to trying to multi-use items to make shirts without Torso Awaregness, in most cases at least. — Cool12309 (talk) 01:39, 29 November 2012 (CET)
Crits, fumbles, specials
A critical will hit you, even if you have enough moxie that the monster would normally always miss you. A fumble will miss you, even if you have low enough moxie that the monster would normally always hit you. A special doesn't display the red Ouch!es (I think?) or shows up in addition to a hit/miss.
Crits and fumbles also show up with a lot lower chance than standard hits and miss messages, at 6% each. I use the Baby Bugged Bugbear which replaces monster crits with fumbles (sometimes) which serves as a nice way to identify both. --Ryo_Sangnoir 22:49, 14 January 2013 (CET)
The hippy store is a source of meat, not a way it leaves. (At least your 1/day comment.) Raffle tickets are a meat sink. Store and display case advertising sink meat. Clan advertising sinks meat. Certain combat items use meat. Certain foods give / take meat. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 02:04, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- Clan warfare was restructured after Bugmeat to be a big meat sink, specifically feeding your hired army. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 02:06, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- Toy mercenary turns meat into damage. Are there other combat items that do that? (The toy soldier uses booze.)
- Buying skills from your guild.
- Display case advertising sink. A small fraction of clan and mall, but still there.
- Set sail on the high seas for 977 Meat.
- Pay for a consultation with the Oracle.
- That thief that can steal or be stolen from in the Dungeons before reading your + sign.
- Vacation. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 16:04, 18 April 2013 (UTC)
- I don't have a list haha but if the various sources are correct, 1097+dad+bosses is 1100. Sorry for mixup. — Cool12309 (talk) 20:24, 25 April 2013 (UTC)
- FYI, the template I just made makes modifying the colour easy:
- Richard's star key
- I like the way that matches the game links better, but since links are consistently blue (or red for broken) here, I'm not sure how welcome such a change would be (and if it were done consistently it would be better to have it in the css). --Fig bucket (talk) 18:46, 27 April 2013 (UTC)
I am confuzzled why you reverted my edit, attributing to me an unsigned comment I did not make. Going through the history for the Mariachi bruiser talk page it is clear that Noogles failed to sign their comment. See: http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php?title=Talk%3AMariachi_bruiser&action=historysubmit&oldid=419755&diff=415722 --Top1214 (talk) 05:35, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
- Right you are. Sorry, I saw someone put your name on it and so I assumed you did it. Reverted. — Cool12309 (talk) 13:18, 9 June 2013 (UTC)
"Should similar messages go on all limited use per day skills or just on the game Messages page?"
- Personally, I think the game messages page is overwhelming and it is better to have messages on pages more relevant to what triggers them. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 02:14, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- you ask about the use of the sic template and links on the game messages page. sic exists to put in game text so yes, wherever necessary. links, howrver, should only be put in the wiki where the link exists in-game. are the item names linked? if the don't have a link but respond to a left click by popping up a desription i'd say tjat doesn't count but i'm probably wrong. anyone else? --Evilkolbot (talk) 07:51, 18 July 2013 (UTC)
Thanks for the tips; no worries about the tone.
(cur | prev) 20:13, 8 October 2013 Cool12309 (Talk | contribs) . . (3,053 bytes) (+1) . .
(Undo revision 562249 by Explorifice (talk) There's been some discussion.
Preferably the whole wiki would eventually be like this but who has the time to change that many pages.) (undo)
- Link to said discussion? Also, using a bot on all item pages that changes "|<return>" to "<return>|" would work just fine. AWB is decent, but requires manual confirmation, but for something as basic as this, I believe that there are more automated programs. Also I think it's dumb as crap and feel that editing a wiki that rejects good formatting.
It's never too late to start good formatting! Making preload templates use good formatting and updating standards is a good place to start!Explorifice (talk) 15:06, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- I think it was more of a small talk page or user talk page that it was on (with an admin, maybe?) that I don't remember, but I think we both agreed that x| looks better than |x. In either case, perhaps we should move this to Discussion for further input? — Cool12309 (talk) 01:11, 26 October 2013 (UTC)
- you've been adding users to the wiki recently. i've not seen any "confirmed accounts waiting" notifications, though. are you ading them before they confirm their email address? is this wise? i'd answer that by saying "yes, probably" since if they've taken the trouble of writing fifty mostly kol-related words then they're not a bot. however, protocol is protocol. do you think we should remove the email confirmation altogether? --Evilkolbot (talk) 13:13, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- To be fair, no one ever told me when I should add them. I add pretty much everyone unless they look like some copy-paste. I think we should keep the email confirm, but if they look real, it's not needed to wait to confirm it. — Cool12309 (talk) 02:33, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
- Confirming email is good practice. There's sometimes been cases where the text made me really, really want confirmation first, but then again humour can be tricky. --Fig bucket (talk) 03:04, 10 January 2014 (UTC)
What's up with your sig on the quest item discussion. It shows as ~~~~" does not have an RSS file (yet?) for the collection database. in the rendered page, but just as ~~~~ in source. Do you need some nowiki tags to disable the < > bits or have you broken your sig? --Club (#66669) (Talk) 04:20, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- No clue, but it shouldn't have placed that. It should've placed what your sig is, essentially. I didn't change anything. — Cool12309 (talk) 05:07, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
- Found an open collection tag (and just for good measure, a questcollection tag) and closed them both. That removed the RSS part, but it still does not want to replace the tildes. — Cool12309 (talk) 05:13, 20 January 2014 (UTC)
Horrible Parents messages
"Some people fail to get the message" with this change
- Are you saying that the "(Lust)", "(Greed)" attributes are inappropriate? If so, PLEASE REMOVE THEM ALL NOW. Otherwise, what are you saying? --Club (#66669) (Talk) 01:01, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
- Removed. The point begin that, from what I understand, it's not just a simple "if you get this text then it will be x/y sin". I'm waiting for that to be completed, and I'm pretty sure a lot of texts are already mapped out so getting them now is pointless. — Cool12309 (talk) 04:39, 4 February 2014 (UTC)
Where theres smoke
Two different adventures, one from clover, one is semi-rare. Clover drops 1 drink, semi-rare 3. Unless the semi-rare page is duplicated and the links to it are wrong there are meant to be two pages and its pretty obvious if you read the copperhead club page. Discordance (talk) 21:03, 20 February 2014 (UTC)
Google Analytics Code
Hi! I know this is very petty and pedantic, but that’s me so … The code implementing the Google Analytics uses the async attribute in the script tag. However, properly formed XML requires all attributes have values - it should be async=“async” or async=“true”. Do you know who can make this edit? The person who approved my account indicated it would need to be a “coldfront admin”. Thanks Sapph42 (talk) 14:48, 29 August 2022 (UTC)