- 1 Aide-mémoire Page
- 2 Level 0
- 3 Level 1
- 4 Level 2
- 5 Level 3
- 6 Level 4
- 7 Level 5
- 8 Level 6
- 9 Level 7
- 10 Level 8
- 11 Level 9
- 12 Level 10
- 13 Level 11
- 14 Level 12
- 15 Level 13
- 16 Azazel, Ma Belle
- 17 The Spookyraven Manor Quest
- 18 Me and My Nemesis
- 19 Non-automated but I should get off my arse and do it
- 20 Shortcut to other URLs
- 21 Guides to Areas
- 22 Miscellaneous
- 23 Mulit-Abuse
- 24 Rim Shot
This is a minimalistic page to remind me of what helps to get through tests.
Most of this is copied (stolen, plagiarized) from existing pages and condensed here.
If you're not using mafia, as mafia has cc_snapshot, check skills before ascending with:
- AFH's skill checker (KoLMafia not required) ,or
- PlasticLobster's skill tracker (KoLMafia required), and you need to download the script from the top menu bar.
Combat macro list for when I delete it by accident.
- Break the Magical Mystical Hippy Stone. PvP skills are good.
- Go to the Clan Floundry.
- Use clan's Deluxe Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game and Mr. Klaw "Skill" Crane Game machines.
- Roll out the The Barrel full of Barrels.
- Pull a Talking spade.
- Visit The Toot Oriole and read Letter from King Ralph XI.
- Read Telegram from Lady Spookyraven.
- Visit The Untinker's Cottage.
- Visit The Crackpot Mystic's Shed.
And use any other item or visit locations that that gives items or stats before starting.
- Consciousness of a Stream for Squeeze into the cave to get a Tree-holed coin.
- Through Thicket and Thinnet for Investigate the dense foliage to get Spooky-Gro fertilizer.
- The Road Less Traveled for Talk to the hunter and buy a Spooky sapling.
- Consciousness of a Stream for March to the marsh and get a Mosquito larva.
- Use the Spooky temple map.
The order doesn't matter, apart from needing the coin to get the map.
Spooky forest table has a good overview. Speed runners have this down, see Conditional Adventures. So you need 5 turns for the first non-combat. Then every 8 or 9 turns is the super-likely return of Arboreal Respite but a normal non-combat may come sooner and reset the super-likely counter.
I'm not sure if the super-likely counter requires the turns to be spent in this area.
- Go around the outside to find the the rat faucet.
- Boosting monster level will help in getting drunken rat king combats.
- Having +20 Cold Damage, Hot Damage, Spooky Damage, and Stench Damage to save adventures.
- Gain any level of Stench Resistance.
- Sonar biscuits drop more often from the The Batrat and Ratbat Burrow
- Get a bean from a beanbat.
Deep_Fat_Friars'_Gate_Quest No real shortcuts after the 2019 revamp without ItoMs.
- The Defiled Alcove: Boost combat encounters to kill more swarms, boost monster level for larger swarms.
- The Defiled Cranny: Increase initiative for increased Modern zmobie encounters.
- The Defiled Niche: Transcendent Olfaction the Dirty old lihc and banish anything else.
- The Defiled Nook: Increase item drops from monsters and pickpocket.
Maximize cold damage to get the non-combat sooner.
- Equipping a logging hatchet can produce an extra piece of lumber per combat, and equipping a loadstone can produce an extra fastener.
- Additional building materials can be received using Snow boards or a Fancy oil painting.
- An 11-leaf clover will cause 3 pieces of lumber and 3 fasteners to drop.
If available use Icy Glare or Arched Eyebrow of the Archmage, and have Spirit of Peppermint active using Stuffed Mortar Shell followed by Cannelloni Cannon. To get maximum speed you need to have 5 times damage of the HP of the orcs. Base is 69HP, but ML modifiers will change this.
Light the Fires
- Use clovers to get 2 A-Boo clues as it forces The Horror... non-combat.
- Boost Elemental Resistance to survive the 463 and 463 base damage. That is 2*(13+25+50+125+250) before any modifiers.
- Boosting HP is also a help here.
- Boosting monster level (including ML from Monster Aggravation Devices) will cause you to encounter different monsters (similar to the Slime Tube) and reduce the pressure more quickly. The extra ML caused by the rain depth during the Heavy Rains challenge path is not taken into account to determine the monsters you encounter in this zone.
- Defeating an oil slick (0-19 +ML) reduces pressure by 6.34 µB/Hg; defeating an oil tycoon (20-49 +ML) reduces pressure by 19.02 µB/Hg (3 slicks); defeating an oil baron (50-99 +ML), 31.7 µB/Hg (5 slicks); defeating an oil cartel (100 +ML and up), 63.4 µB/Hg (10 slicks).
- Wearing dress pants will reduce pressure by an additional 6.34 µB/Hg per combat.
- If you have an Asdon Martin in your workshed, you can drive wastefully to reduce pressure by another 6.34 µB/Hg per combat.
- Room 237 needs at least 4 levels of stench resistance (including familiars).
- Search the pantry with at least +50% Item Drops from Monsters (including food bonuses (like Brother Flying Burrito's Blessing).
- Have a Jar of oil when selecting |follow the faint sound of music.
- Wait -- who's that? needs 40% Combat Initiative (or greater).
Running negative combat modifiers is a good idea here.
- Equip a titanium assault umbrella and crawl through the heating duct.
- Have an amulet of extreme plot significance equipped while examining the Fitness Giant's mirror.
- In Fitness Giant's room take the dumbbell and use it in the dumbwaiter.
- Adventure until you find the stairs (around 35 turns).
- Raid the Raver Giant's crate then make a quick substitution to the Goth Giant's music.
- Harumph in disdain in the Steampunk Giant's room while you have a model airship in your inventory.
- With a Mohawk wig equipped, get the Punk Giant's attention.
- Adventure until you get the Keep On Turnin' the Wheel in the Sky (about 20 turns).
The Black Forest : Increasing the combat frequency frequency is the best thing to do. Have a reassembled blackbird or reconstituted crow familiar with maximum weight is the most effective. Having the hatchlings in the inventory helps, but not as much. Equipping blackberry galoshes (3 blackberries), if done early, is helpful. Get a beehive for the tower.
To use your father's MacGuffin diary: /use macguffin chat command, select the Text only version link, then use the go to inventory link.
The order of the quests is not important but if you're after booze then opening The Hidden Tavern may be a priority.
Spookyraven quest (In a Manor of Spooking) doesn't have any recommendations. You want to use free turns to burn delay in ballroom. Using Lord Spookyraven's spectacles to read the mortar-dissolving solution gives a slightly faster path if you can run enough +items and +ML. If monster level is +82 or higher only 1 Monstrous boiler is needed.
The Palindome (Never Odd Or Even)
Obtain the Talisman o' Namsilat
- The Copperhead Club : You want to use free turns to burn delay to get to Shen. Set the lanterns on fire changes one unnamed cocktail into a Flamin' Whatshisname after each fight. Using a clover will cause a Flamin' Whatshisname to drop.
- The Red Zeppelin's Mooring: Reduce combat frequency, increase Sleaze Damage damage of any sort. The cigarette lighter (dropped by a Blue Oyster Cultist) instantly kills 5 to 7 protesters.
- The Red Zeppelin: A Red Herring or Red Snapper will NOT advance the counter. A glark cable gives a free insta-kill in this zone.
Equip the Talisman o' Namsilat. Get 3 dudes for so "I Love Me, Vol. I" drops. Photograph either Bob Racecar or Racecar Bob. Reduce combat frequency to get the 3 drops from non-combat adventures. Place the items in the correct order. Use "2 Love Me, Vol. 2" to access to Alan Alarm. Obtain wet stunt nut stew and give to Alan Alarm, equip the Mega Gem and defeat Dr. Awkward.
The bottom of the The Hidden City wiki page has a very good guide. It's not optimal for all people but a good general strategy.
- The Antique machete drops on the 7th turn in The Hidden Park. Equip it and clear the dense liana.
- The Hidden Apartment Building has Action Elevator on the 9th turn and every 8th turn after that.
- The Hidden Office Building has Working Holiday on the 6th turn and every 5th turn after that.
- The Hidden Bowling Alley needs +items, always have one Bowl of Scorpions in your inventory.
- The Hidden Hospital has an extra 10% chance of encountering ancient protector spirit for each unique piece of surgical equipment equipped.
- Uniforms drop from non-combats, as well as combats, pre-war.
- The Battlefield has the overview of quest.
- The Mysterious Island Arena needs 10,000 ML on the flyers. Wish for an old NS tower monster, fight The Guy Made Of Bees, or Cyrus the Virus. Generally, just finishing open pre-level 12 quests is sufficient.
- The Junkyard: Banish the non-tool wielding version can speed-up this quest.
- The Lighthouse: Kill 5 lobsterfrogmen so increase Combat Frequency, and use any way to copy the monster that is current.
- The Organic Orchard: Maximize items or effects that increase items from monsters to get the glands to drop.
- Our Lady of Perpetual Indecision: Maximize items or effects that increase meat drops is needed.
- McMillicancuddy's Farm: Use a chaos butterfly anytime, anywhere before the last non-combat in The Barn. For the non-combats choose option 3 (Make a fence out of the barbed wire), 1 (Knock over the lantern), and 2 (Dump out the drum). This takes 25 turns (10 for the start and 3x5 for the row of ducks) and is not worth the effort if you've done the other 4 quests on the frat side.
Each quest doubles the number of kills for your side but the tradeoff is turns.
Assuming speed is the goal the fastest path is as a frat. Do the 3 side quest before starting the war, and then complete the filthworm quest when it's available, this should take 8 turns. Finally, just grind the remaining 58 turns.
The Hedge Maze : Two fights at most :
- at choice 2 (One Small Step For Adventurer for gophers) and 4 (Good Ol' 44% Duck for ducks), or
- at choice 3 (Twisty Little Passages, All Hedge for chihuahuas and 4 (Good Ol' 44% Duck for ducks), or
- at choice 2 or 3 and then at 5 (Another Day, Another Fork for kiwis).
- Adventure in Belilafs Comedy Club until you encounter Larry of the Field of Signs. Equip the observational glasses and Talk to Mourn to receive Azazel's lollipop.
- Adventure in Hey Deze Arena and Talk to Sven Golly.
|Band Member||Quest Item|
✓ white ✗ soft
|giant marshmallow||or||gin-soaked blotter paper|
✓ boozy ✗ sweet
|beer-scented teddy bear|
✓ sweet ✗ white
|booze-soaked cherry||or||sponge cake|
✓ soft ✗ boozy
The Haunted Kitchen : Hot Resistance or Stench Resistance increases the draws searched count.
The Haunted Billiards Room : pool cue and Chalky Hand and +10 from semi-rare adventures.
The Haunted Library : Lady Spookyraven's necklace is dropped from the fifth writing desk.
The Haunted Gallery : Louvre It or Leave It. Keep choosing option 2 until The Persistence of Memory painting, then choose option 1.
The Haunted Bedroom : Defeat an elegant animated nightstand and choose option 1.
- While you're in the Bedroom, pick up Lord Spookyraven's spectacles and a disposable instant camera from the animated ornate nightstand. The items can be obtained by picking the 3rd and 4th option, respectively. These items will help in the Level 11 quest.
The Haunted Bathroom : Encounter Never Gonna Make You Up and defeat the cosmetics wraith.
Storage Room : Lure the baby located at the Nursery, then chase two of the babies out of the Storage Room to the Laboratory.
|Class||Tomb of the Unknown||Cave enterance|
|Seal Clubber||Boredom||Freak the hell out like a wrathful wolverine.|
|Turtle Tamer||Friendship||Sympathize with an amphibian.|
|Pastamancer||Binding pasta thralls||Entangle the wall with noodles.|
|Sauceror||Power||Shoot a stream of sauce at the wall.|
|Disco Bandit||Me. Duh||Focus on your disco state of mind.|
|Accordion Thief||Music||Bash the wall with your accordion.|
Non-automated but I should get off my arse and do it
Things to figure out for mafia or my python scripts.
- Memories, in the Corners of your Mind includes, Hunt The Wumpus
- Astral mushroom's leads to the Violet Fog. At the bottom are some helpful tools.
- A Shimmering Portal for El Vibrato gear.
- Reflection of a Map but KoLMafia has a built in solver.
- Hobopolis Marketplace table
- Plastic vampire fangs see How to Vamp: Myst is: Tell Her How You Feel → Find Other Prey. Brouhaha is 4,2,2,1
- Calculate the Universe.
- Deck of Every Card (adventure) but KoLMaifa has the "cheat" option automated.
- Potted tea tree
- The Tunnel of L.O.V.E.
- Your Witchess Set
- Batfellow Comic
- Genie Bottle has a Google spreadsheet
Shortcut to other URLs
- AFH's skill checker
- BCC snapshot
- Dressing For Success
- Sweet Synthesis and this is built into Mafia (under tools).
- Drunkeness Modifiers
Guides to Areas
- Spelunking hints and for my walkthrough.
- Grimstone Mask walkthrough for Cinderella.
- Transporter transponder opens the quest to Repair the Elves' Shield Generator.
- LT&T office opens several quests.
- The Suburbs of Dis is fun but the skills are not really worth it.
- Dreadsylvania Non-combat Table
- Gingerbread City
- The Spacegate - has a large spreadsheet to help.
- The Neverending Party
- Conspiracy Island, spooky.
- Dinseylandfill, stench.
- Spring Break , sleaze.
- That 70s Volcano, hot.
- The Glaciest, cold.
A Monorail Station (A.K.A LyleCo)
Sometimes you need to delevel.
Amorphous Blob: Use "Daily Affirmation: Always Be Collecting" to get 2 Giant Xs and 2 Giant Os, instead of 1. Giant Amorphous Blob: need lots and lots of stats, like a Dread Boss hard mode.
Chat macros can be very powerful: I use /glitch for /use glitch season reward name && /goto inv_eat.php?pwd='+pwdhash+'&which=3&whichitem=10207. For more examples, not covered by the KoL wiki, try my Google doc.
Max Stats -> Jungle Juice, Garbage Shirt, Mime Army Insignia, Barrel Shrine, max out main start with buffs and adventure in The Deep Dark Jungle OR .... Utensil twist, dinsey's pizza cutter, itchy curse finger, and curse of marinara for The Mansion
- DemonStar Talk tab.
- Dungeon Fist!
- King of fighters.
- Space Trip guide at the bottom of the page.
- Meteoid: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=186384 and http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Meteoid/SpaceMall#Upgrade_Strategy
Basic meat farming: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/vb/showthread.php?t=203245
The account OldCW would appear to be the person who created the clan OldCWs. The account profile points to VanCat.com and digging around at https://www.vancat.com/about.html shows Carmel and Craig Weiler as the head of the company. Since the profile of OldCW says Male.... I'm assuming it's Craig.
Mafia Console on high resolution screens
/usr/bin/java -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2.6 -jar /home/d/KoL/Mafia/`./get_jar.sh ; ls -1 |tail -1`
From the [Discord Mafia and Ash channel]: There's something like -Dsun.java2d.dpiaware=false that will tell your display server to scale it for you. On linux you do something like -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2.5.
alias tide => ash int i = gameday_to_int()%8 + 1; print ("Next low in "+((16-i)%8)+" days. Next high in "+((12-i)%8)+" days."); return(i<=4 ? i : 8-i);
The entire point of the clan dungeons is to work with other people, not just other accounts.