|Locations||Investigating a Plaintive Telegram|
|Resistance||50% physical, 50% elemental|
"BUGAHOSOM GAPA," the bizarre stomping machine says, very loudly. "KUZKUZZEVE GACHONI NIBUCHA. GACHOKUZ GANIZEVE ZEVE HO ANHO TANO. PABUNOK."
"UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS," the bizarre stomping machine says, very loudly. "SECURITY PROTOCOLS ENFORCED. PROTOCOL MANDATES USE OF LETHAL FORCE. TERMINATE."
|You acquire an item: strange disc (white)|
|You acquire an item: strange disc (black)|
|You acquire an item: strange disc (red)|
|You acquire an item: strange disc (green)|
|You acquire an item: strange disc (blue)|
|You acquire an item: strange disc (yellow)|
Oof. If you manage to crawl out of here, you're going to need a full skeleton replacement. Eek! Ow! Ooh! Oof! Ugh!
The machine anticipates your dodge and stomps the place you were dodging to. Ooh! Ooh! Ow! Oof! Ugh!
"PABUNOK," the machine says as it stomps on you several times. "NOKBUNOK KUZKUZZEVE NILA." (CRITICAL HIT!)
"TERMINATE," the machine says as it stomps on you several times. "ELIMINATE SECURITY BREACH." (CRITICAL HIT!)
You dive out of the way just in time to avoid being stomped.
The machine's metal foot -- or "stomping apparatus" or whatever -- narrowly misses you.
The machine attempts to anticipate your movement, but you change your mind at the last moment.
The metal hulk misses you, and pauses its stomps. "NOKPAHONO."
The metal hulk misses you, and pauses its stomps. "RECALIBRATING." (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire 3 buffalo dimes (% chance)*|
The machine collapses to the ground, sparking and hissing, but not speaking. However, you see at least two more of the things stomping up the corridor toward you, and
fearcuriosityfearcuriosityfear wins out. The strange metal door slams shut behind you as you sprint back out into the mine, and then out of the mine, and you don't stop running until you're well away from the place.
|You acquire an item: El Vibrato restraints (% chance)*|
- Deals hot damage every round:
- The construct crackles with energy and radiates a burst of intense heat.
|You lose 40-70 hit points. (hot damage)|
- The discs are (reusable) combat items as well as quest items which disappear at the end of combat.
- If you are wearing an El Vibrato translator, the messages will be translated.
- As an initial action, you are handcuffed by the construct:
- The construct says LANO <word> NIZEVE LAZAK SOM HOTABE as it shackles your wrists with a weird pair of handcuff-like objects.
- (or) The construct says ROUTING <colour> PHASE POWER TO RESTRAINTS as it shackles your wrists with a weird pair of handcuff-like objects.
- The second word of the sentence varies, and indicates the colour of the disc which you can use in combat to (temporarily) unlock the cuffs:
Word Translation Colour BE JADE green BELA COBALT blue BU BLUE blue BULAZAK SAPPHIRE blue BUPABU OBSIDIAN black CHAKRO CRIMSON red CHO GOLD yellow FUFUGAKRO ULTRAMARINE blue FUNI CITRINE yellow NIPA IVORY white PACHA PEARL white PATA EBONY black SOM JET black SOMPAPA ALABASTER white TAZAK CANARY yellow ZAKSOM EMERALD green ZEVE RUBY red ZEVEBENI VERDIGRIS green ZEVESTANO VERMILLION red
- If you do not unlock the shackles each round, you will instantly die:
- You are unable to defend yourself because of the shackles. The construct snaps your neck.
You lose all of your hit points.
- This is not an attack, and even in a situation where the construct is unable to attack you, you will still lose the fight.
- Cuffs removed will be relocked on you in the same round. Ambidextrous Funkslinging and/or ample Passive Damage will allow you to make progress.