Two Crazy Random Summer
Two Crazy Random Summer is the Summer 2019 special challenge path, introduced on May 15, 2019. This path adds variant rules and restrictions to an ascension run. Its description in The Bureau of Reincarnation reads "All across the Kingdom, items have changed in strange and quasi-unpredictable ways!"
- Items gain random modifiers, noted by prefixes and suffixes on their name, and sometimes a visual effect to their image. See Item Modifier for the list. These changes are consistent across all ascensions with the same Class and Moon Sign.
- Standardized enchantments on equipment are replaced by an equal number of random enchantments. Hard-coded enchantments are generally not affected.
- Food and booze can gain modifiers to size and quality. Their normal substat gain/loss is removed, and they may give random substats. They lose any effect normally gained by consuming them, and some gain modifiers that grant a positive effect. Consumables with nonstandard effects will still apply. For example, Cursed Punch will still change your curse level, while dusty bottle of Muscat will still deal a large amount of damage.
- Most food is capped at 'awesome' level, while booze can be 'EPIC'. Consumable size can range from 1-10.
- All beverages are size-1, and can be 'EPIC', despite being food.
- All spleen items are size-1. They give randomly seeded substats and some also grant a random positive effect.
- Potions grant a random positive effect with random duration.
- Miscellaneous items, combat items and familiar equipment are not altered in function. Combat potions, like Pokéberries, will grant their normal effects even if used from inventory.
- All items can gain cosmetic modifiers, which change the appearance of their icon.
- Some adjectives that are normally part of item names are stripped. For example, enchanted bean becomes "bean". This can be confusing for items like pixels or cases in which the adjective is also a noun, as with a moldy small wobbly. It can get even more confusing for NO TEXT.
- As of August 31, 2019, Angst Burgers and 5-hour acrimonies will grant fights equal to the organ space that they use.
- End-of-combat meat drop is capped at 1,000 meat, to prevent the path from being used for meat farming. When hitting the cap, the following message appears:
- Huh. You expected more Meat. They must have spent the rest on weird items to see what they do.
- There is no meat drop cap for the Wall of meat, however.
- You cannot enter The Sea. Clicking An Old Man gives the following message:
- That shack you saw on the main map was just a picture of a shack drawn on the ground.
- Standard restrictions applied while Two Random Crazy Summer was the current challenge path. These restrictions were lifted on August 15, 2019.
- All effects are lost when breaking the prism. No stacking up good effects to bring into aftercore!
- General Items
- Randomization is predictable, as it is wholly determined by the player's class and moon sign combination.
- The steel margarita is affected by this path's mechanics, allowing it to give adventures as well as a size that is larger or smaller than the liver size increase. Be careful not to accidentally overdrink with this in mind.
- Be sure to double check NPC shops that you might otherwise overlook during an ascension. The Armory and Leggery's utensils, The Hermitage foods and even the Huggler Memorial Colosseum consumables might surprise you.
- Unfortunately, advanced inventory sorting is disabled in the path and does not take into account randomized enchantments. In the web interface, before entering the path, you can set your consumables to be sorted by size/quality, which will conveniently display these properties on the inventory page. The interface to change sorting is not available while in the path.
- If you don't want to see cosmetic effects, you can hide inventory icons by unchecking "Show Inventory Images" in the Options menu.
- Mr. Store Items
- Space Jellyfish jellies no longer grant their usual effects, although their hard-coded beneficial actions still work as normal.
- The genie bottle (and pocket wish by extension) allows you to get some effects normally tied to specific potions or consumables, such as Stone-Faced or Got Milk.
- The pantogram pants will always have the same enchantments (based on your class/moon sign) regardless of the sacrifices used. The ten-leaf clover sacrifice effect still works as normal.
- Kremlin's Greatest Briefcase's enchantments cannot be customized while martinis may be random sizes, so clicks are best used on buffs.
- While the base enchantments of the makeshift garbage shirt and broken champagne bottle will change, the doubling of stat gains and item drops respectively will remain as usual.
- Nightmare Fuel will still reduce evil in The Cyrpt.
- The latte lovers member's mug is completely functional in this path, and can be customized as normal. This is possibly due to not starting with any base enchantments.
- The magical sausage from the Kramco Sausage-o-Matic™ is no longer a 0 fullness food.
- Upgrading the Fourth of May Cosplay Saber does not affect anything.
- The hewn moon-rune spoon grants 11 different enchantments in this path, making it a potentially powerful accessory to rely on.
- Each driftwood item, easily obtained while combing the beach with the Beach Comb, provides 9 different enchantments in this path.
- Avatar-changing potions from the Monster Manuel yield random effects instead of replacing your avatar, offering many new options if you get the right ones.
- Quest-related effects obtained from items will most likely be unavailable due to randomization, though in some cases these effects might be found on other items.
- On the Harem route in The King of Cobb's Knob Quest, you will have to gain the Knob Goblin Perfume effect by adventuring in the Harem while wearing the outfit instead of using the potion.
- It will be more difficult to obtain Pool Skill for The Haunted Billiards Room, for the pool cue and handful of hand chalk will not help for this purpose. Consider drinking to 8 and getting 10 from training using the semi-rare.
- You can't use stone wool to obtain Stone-Faced when trying to get through The Hidden Temple. Instead, you must either encounter the noncombats normally, get Stone-Faced from a new item that grants the effect, or use a genie wish.
- You can't get Crappily Disguised as a Waiter in The Copperhead Club, so you can't utilize the options in Behind the 'Stache.
- You can't obtain the scent effects to get through the Filthworm sidequest.
- You can, however, use Cursed Punch in The Hidden City to increase your level of cursed as it's not a normal effect.
- In the Mysterious Island Quest, taking the Hippy side is not recommended due to the unavailability of the Filthworm quest and the fact that the Nuns quest would take 100 adventures because of the path's meat drop cap.
- Good Class/Moon Sign Choices
- Catsup is epic size 1 food. Easily obtained from the hermit.
- Plain old beer epic size 3 booze. Can be bought from Bart Ender for 50 meat.
- Used beer epic size 2 booze. Can be bought directly at the pvp snack bar for 500 meat.
- Psychotic Train wine epic size 10 booze. From Mad wino, requires lvl 11 but makes an excellent nightcap.
- Imp Ale or bottle of tequila can be alternate nightcaps earlier in run.
- Note there is very little size 1 epic booze in this one, so plan accordingly, including the use of Stooper
- Players will receive a ring when they complete a run, which gains 1 random enchantment per Softcore run and 2 enchantments per Hardcore run. The ring can hold up to 37 enchantments.
- Players will receive a Thwaitgold nymph statuette each time the complete a run.
|Special Challenge Paths|