The Worm Wood
|Back to the Distant Woods|
Here you can find:
- All enemies in the Worm Wood scale to your buffed stats, to a maximum monster level of 120.
- There are a series of effects to be gained in the various zones of the Worm Wood. Each of these effects allows for a different outcome in one of the adventures in another zone.
- The Worm Wood Done Quickly page will help you get to the prize of your choice, fast.
- Attempting to adventure here without the Absinthe-Minded effect gives the message, "For some reason, you can't find your way back there."
- Wormwood is an ingredient in absinthe containing thujone, which is commonly (and mistakenly) believed to be a hallucinogen.
- Baz Luhrmann's movie Moulin Rouge! portrayed the "green fairy", slang for absinthe, as an actual green fairy, similar to the mechanism by which this zone is unlocked in the game.
- Virtually all of the adventures in this area refer to visual artists or literary figures strongly associated with mind-altering drugs, or to works by such persons.