The Wok of Ages
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
- You learn a new skill: Transcendental Noodlecraft.
- Brie smiles. "The time has come, O Chef-Mage, for all of our tools to be revealed to you." She draws back a curtain you hadn't noticed before. "Behold. The Wok of Ages. Its secrets are now yours -- stir-fry will bend to your will."
- Chow mein:
- Hi mein:
- The button to improve food is labelled "Kick It Up A Notch"; the resulting message is "BAM!" The message contains one "BAM!" per food you kick up a notch at a time; for example, if you kicked three items, the message is "BAM! BAM! BAM!".
- Kicking food up a notch requires dry noodles and MSG and costs 1 Adventure (even with a Chef-in-a-box or with Inigo's active).
- Like any cooking you may use the Wok while falling-down drunk.
- The Wok was only ever accessible to Pastamancers and Saucerors.
- Prior to February 25, 2008, Lo mein used to require use of the Wok, but that was removed.
- On July 7th, 2015, The Wok of Ages was removed from the game. As part of this update, Chow meins were removed from the game as well. Instead, MSG and dry noodles can be cooked together to make savory dry noodles, which are used instead of the Wok to make the Transcendental Noodlecraft dishes.
- "The Wok of Ages" is a reference to the old-time Protestant hymn "Rock of Ages" by the Reverend Augustus Montague Toplady (no doubt also to the Def Leppard song "Rock of Ages", which itself alludes to the hymn) as well as the Jewish liturgical poem, Ma'oz Tzur.
- "BAMing" references a popular catchphrase of Emeril Lagasse, a famous chef who hosts his own show, Emeril Live on the Food Network. While cooking and adding spice to certain dishes he often says such phrases like "BAM!", as well as "Kick it up a notch!" and "One more time!".
|Strategy | Discoveries | Pastamastery | Transcendental Noodlecraft | The Wok of Ages | Tempuramancy|
|Food | Best Foods|
|Sushi | Pastas | Chow meins | Hi meins | Lo meins | Pizza | Pies | Tacos|