The Untinker's Cottage
The Untinker lives in the Forest Village.
Once you find his screwdriver, he'll be able to use it to untinker just about anything put together with meat paste. His skills do not however extend to unsmithing equipment, uncooking food, unmixing cocktails, unsupertinkering items, or un-toymaking. Upon untinkering, you do not get your meat paste back.
- The Untinker is useful for tearing apart the abridged dictionary for the Orc Chasm Quest.
- The Loathing Legion knife can be switched into a Loathing Legion universal screwdriver which also allows you to untinker items.
- A tisket and tasket may be obtained by untinkering an oyster basket.
- A decaying wooden oar, a giant fishhook and a rusty old lantern, sold by Big Brother, can be untinkered into their component parts, each of which can then be used to smith weapons.
- The 31337 scroll, which is no longer meatpasted, can still be untinkered into the 668 and 30669 scrolls. Additionally this can be handy because the 31337 scroll itself is a quest item and would be otherwise lost on Ascension.
- Untinkering an item causes the appropriate recipe to be added to your Discoveries page if you do not already have it (except for the Abridged dictionary).
- In a Zombie Slayer run, the Untinker is less articulate. When untinkering:
- The untinker randomly stabs your <item> with his screwdriver until it falls apart, then hands you the pieces.
- While these items can be formed by meat-pasting, they can not be broken down:
- The Untinker formerly lived on the Right Side of the Tracks in Seaside Town. On October 28, 2010, the Untinker was relocated to the Forest Village as a result of a skeleton invasion.
- On June 16, 2015, jewelrycrafting was changed to no longer required 3 turns to make, and became a meatpasting process. Prior to this update, jewelry could not be untinkered.