|| This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.
There was never a sewer in Market Square in Seaside Town. For the sewers under a Clan Basement, see A Maze of Sewer Tunnels.
You were able to get here from the Market Square and needed some chewing gum on a string to adventure. Not having any resulted in the following message:
- You reach into the sewer grate, but you're unable to get your hand far enough down to grab anything. You're going to need some way of extending your reach.
| Fishing Around in the Sewer
- Item Drops: one out of: disco ball, disco mask, helmet turtle, mariachi pants, pasta spoon, ravioli hat, saucepan, seal-clubbing club, seal-skull helmet, spices, stolen accordion, turtle totem, worthless gewgaw, worthless knick-knack, worthless trinket
Averaged over many adventures, the no-clover encounter should return a worthless knick-knack, gewgaw or trinket 44% of the time, spices and equipment each 4 to 5% of the time. For detailed drop rates please see Fishing Around in the Sewer.
| Sewer Luck!
- Item Drops: three out of: disco ball, disco mask, helmet turtle, mariachi pants, pasta spoon, ravioli hat, saucepan, seal-clubbing club, seal-skull helmet, spices, stolen accordion, turtle totem, worthless trinket
- Note: This is an easy way to guarantee a saucepan, a stolen accordion, and a turtle totem to allow Sauceror, Accordion Thief, and Turtle Tamer buffs.
- Note: This adventure is triggered whenever you adventure here with a ten-leaf clover in your inventory.
- This area was removed on October 5, 2010, and the chewing gum on a string was made usable. Instead of coming to The Sewer to use it, the text now shows that "you find a nearby sewer grating."
- Concurrently, attempting to adventure here via the sewer.php link yields the message "There was never a sewer in Seaside Town", mirroring the text of the update that announced the change.
- There are thirteen different items that can be obtained in The Sewer Luck adventure (the twelve starting items and the worthless trinket - the knick-knack and gewgaw cannot be selected), a number Jick usually avoids in KoL. Ironically, the name of the adventure is "Sewer Luck".
- Adventuring here without Chewing Gum on a String does not consume an adventure.
- Since the rollout of NS13, the seal tooth was replaced by the seal-skull helmet as a starting item for seal clubbers; and the same switch was made for the items available from the sewer. The seal-skull helmet is now found in the sewer, and the seal tooth must be traded for a worthless gewgaw, worthless knick-knack, or worthless trinket from The Hermit.
- The spice loop is now limited by the number of clovers available each day at the Hermit.