The Purple Light District is the sleaze zone in Hobopolis.
A primary stat of 350 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 350 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- A hobo walks up and gives you a lingering hug, with no back-pat and hands inching ever farther down the small of your back. You push him away and wonder what you've gotten yourself into.
| Chester -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: Handful of Chest Hair, Chester's bag of candy, Chester's Aquarius medallion, Chester's moustache, Chester's muscle shirt, Chester's sunglasses, Chester's cutoffs, extra-greasy slider, Chorale of Companionship
- Meat Drop: None
- Monster Level: 500 • Substat Gain: ? • Moxie for No Hit*: 510
- Monster Defense: 450
- Hit Points: 8000
- Initiative: 200
- Elemental Alignment: sleaze, weak against cold and spooky
- Note: Occurs only as a choice of Van, Damn.
| Getting Clubbed
- Try to get inside: Get into club if club is unpopular enough; else, nothing.
- Try to bamboozle the crowd: Makes club less popular.
- Try to flimflam the crowd: Makes club less popular. Adds an adventure to the AHBG
| Van, Damn
- Cruise for a bruisin': Fight Chester
- Don't bother knockin': Nothing. (No Adventure loss.)
- Note: This adventure only occurs when The Purple Light District is clear of hobos.
- 49-51 hobo kills are needed to advance each image file, depending on the total number of hobos in the zone.
- Chester will only appear when the location's image is on its 10th variation. After defeating Chester this area can no longer be explored.
- Attempting to adventure here after Chester has been defeated yields the message:
- There's nothing left in the Purple Light District. All of the pawn shops and adult bookshops have closed their doors for good.
- Purple Light District is a direct play on Red Light District, which refers to a neighborhood where prostitution and brothels are located, so called for the practice of using red lights to make their services obvious.