The Oracle Will See You Now
You're teleported to a room beneath the Enormous Greater-Than Sign, in which you encounter a curious thing -- it appears to be a giant at sign, surrounded on all sides by some weird hook-shaped things.
All of a sudden, unfamiliar words coalesce in your mind. You are told that this particular at sign is, in fact, The Oracle, and you are presented with three choices.
|Leave the Oracle|
"Have it your way." says the Oracle. "Right away. At Delphi now."
|Pay for a minor consultation (100 Meat)|
The Oracle speaks:
"Your Minor Consultation is this: You should've paid for the Major Consulation. Thank you for your patronage."
|You lose 100 Meat.|
|Pay for a major consultation (1,000 Meat)|
The Oracle speaks:
"Your Major Consultation is this: That plus sign you've been hanging on to? It's actually a book. Read it."
|You lose 1,000 Meat.|
- Once you have paid for a major consultation, this adventure will no longer reoccur (becomes one-time).
- If you have the Teleportitis effect active and have the item plus sign, this adventure is superlikely, with a chance of 33%.
- If you do not have enough meat to pay for an option and choose it, you will not lose a turn.
- The title of this adventure is a quote from the popular sci-fi movie The Matrix, in which the protagonist Neo visits the Oracle.
- As with everything else that occurs in The Enormous Greater-Than Sign, this is a reference to the computer game NetHack, where you meet the Oracle of Delphi at a random point between levels 5-9 of the Dungeons of Doom. The Oracle of Delphi is, in turn, a reference to the ancient Greek Oracles of Delphi. The "hook-shaped things" in the room are fountains, always found in the Oracle's chamber as seen in the adventure graphic.
- The "Leave" option text is a reference to a Burger King slogan.