The Mist-Shrouded Peak
| This page is in need of content.
|The Mist-Shrouded Peak|
|Unlocks||During the Mt. McLargeHuge Quest.|
|ML||unknown - unknown|
|panicking Knott Yeti|
During a Heavy Rains run, you will instead encounter:
During an Actually Ed the Undying run, you will instead encounter:
During a Pocket Familiars run, you will instead encounter:
During a Dark Gyffte run, you will instead encounter:
During a Path of the Plumber run, you will instead encounter:
During a You, Robot run, you will instead encounter:
During a Wildfire run, you will instead encounter:
|Groar, Except Hot|
During a Fall of the Dinosaurs run, you will instead encounter:
During an Avatar of Shadows Over Loathing run, you will instead encounter:
|shadow of groar|
During a Legacy of Loathing run, you will instead encounter:
|Flock of Groars?|
- To adventure here, you need to unlock The eXtreme Slope and the Lair of the Ninja Snowmen, have High Cold Resistance (+5) or more. Before that, you must find a way to scale the peak, by either having the eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear equipped and have 3 Extreme, have the ninja carabiner, ninja crampons, and ninja rope in inventory. Alternatively, if you are an Avatar of Sneaky Pete and have Snow Tires installed on your motorcycle you can ascend the peak as soon as you talk to the Trapper (you still need at least High Cold Resistance (+5)). There are a multitude of messages for meeting or not meeting these conditions.
- Trying to approach the Peak before seeing the Trapper:
- You don't have the foggiest (ha ha) idea how to get to the top of this mountain. You can see it, but that's about it.
- You can't even get near the peak until you help the Trapper fix his ski lift. You should get on that.
- Trying to climb with less than High Cold Resistance (+5):
- You can't even get near getting near the peak of this mountain dressed the way you are. Maybe you can find some warmer duds on the eXtreme Slope?
- Trying to climb while wearing the eXtreme Cold-Weather Gear:
- With 0 Extreme:
- You try to snowboard up the mountain, but you're only capable of going downhill. If only there was someplace you could go to practice eXtreme snowboarding. Like some sort of... eXtreme slope...
- With 1 Extreme:
- You do a few eXtreme tricks, but you can't quite get high enough to make any real progress toward the peak. Maybe you should go practice on the eXtreme slope some more.
- With 2 Extreme:
- You perform a sequence of tricks that gets you almost, but not quite, high enough to reach the peak. Just a little more practice on the Slope and you should be able to make it...
- With 3 Extreme:
- With your eXtreme eXtremity, you effortlessly fly high above the Mist-Shrouded Peak. Through a gap in the mists, you spy a crude stone staircase carved into the side of the mountain. So that's how you get up there.
- Then you land and hit your head on a rock, knocking all of this eXtremity nonsense out of you.
- Having 0-2 Extreme appends the message:
- You give up on snowboarding and try climbing, instead.
- It then tries to climb with the ninja gear and appends the appropriate message.
- Trying to climb with at least High Cold Resistance (+5) and certain ninja gear:
- Without any ninja gear:
- You try to climb to the peak but you can't find any hand or footholds. Hrm.
- With only ninja carabiner:
- You grab your ninja carabiner, but you can't figure out what you're supposed to attach to what in order to get to the peak. Looks like you'll need some additional pieces of ninja climbing gear if this is the way you're gonna go.
- With only ninja crampons:
- You strap on your ninja crampons, but even the sharpest crampons aren't gonna help you up a nearly vertical surface. You're gonna need some more ninja climbing gear if this is how you're planning to get to the peak.
- With only ninja rope:
- You grab your trusty ninja rope (actually, you don't know if you can trust it yet, I guess,) and stare at the mountain. Try as you might, you can't put two and two together. Looks like you'll need some additional ninja climbing gear if you're gonna make it up there.
- You strap on your ninja crampons and grab your ninja carabiner, but you don't have anything to... carabine... yourself to. Looks like you need one more piece of ninja climbing gear if you're gonna go this route.
- You affix your ninja rope to yourself with your ninja carabiner, but you're unable to make any progress because your feet keep sliding around in the snow. You'll need another piece of ninja climbing gear if this is the route you're going to take.
- You strap on your ninja crampons and grab your ninja rope, but you can't figure out any way to get the rope connected to you. You need one more piece of ninja climbing gear if you're gonna go this route.
- You find a likely starting point, strap on your ninja crampons, and affix yourself to your ninja rope with your ninja carabiner. You rub your hands together, trying to work up the nerve to begin your ascent.
- Then you notice a set of crude carved stairs leading directly to the top of the peak. Those would probably be easier than all this climbing nonsense.
- If you installed Snow Tires on your motorcycle as an Avatar of Sneaky Pete:
- With your trusty snow tires, you drive right up the side of the mountain! Take that, quest!
- And if you don't have at least High Cold Resistance (+5):
- Those mists are frigid -- you should get back into your warm clothes before you head up there!
- Trying to adventure here without any Adventures:
- You don't have time!
- Trying to adventure here while falling-down drunk:
- You're too drunk to summit anything.
- Once Groar is defeated, the mist clears, and the location becomes The Icy Peak.