The Loathing Herald-Times-Tribune-Messenger
The Loathing Herald-Times-Tribune-Messenger is a newpaper issued during Crimbo 2009 for use with Don Crimbo's Fundraising Drive. This paper contains an interesting article, a holiday season shopping update, and a weather forecast.
View the current edition in-game:(You must be logged-in, just select the listed server you are on)
- December 1, 2009
- December 2, 2009
- December 3, 2009
- December 4, 2009
- December 5, 2009
- December 6, 2009
- December 7, 2009
- December 8, 2009
- December 9, 2009
- December 10, 2009
- December 11, 2009
- December 12, 2009
- December 13, 2009
- December 14, 2009
- December 15, 2009
Writing is split between an NPC and various staff writers.
The following NPCs have all written articles:
- All the names of the staff writers are anagrams of Mr. Skullhead.
- The color-coded "Zombie Threat Level" (December 8 issue) alludes to the terror alert level system introduced by the the Department of Homeland Security in the United States. The system has taken criticism on numerous levels.
- The December 8, 2009 issue includes the line "Vith Gott as my vitness, I thought zat fleas could svim", which is a reference to an episode of the television series 'WKRP in Cincinnati'.
- Surviving the zombie uprising in a mall (as Seaside Town denizens do in the December 9 issue) is the plot of the film Dawn of the Dead.
- It's also the plot of the recent game Dead Rising, which is referenced explicitly in the headline of the December 8 issue ("Dead Rising to Feast upon the Living")