Located in The Dungeoneers' Association in the Big Mountains. Only appears when you have at least 45 (base, unbuffed) points in the main stat for your class.
A primary stat of 44 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 44 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- As you near the sign, you start to get nervous. The nearer you get, the nervouser you get. Then you get nervous because you're not sure if "nervouser" is a word or not. After thinking about this for a few seconds, you turn around and leave.
Upon discovering The Secret of the Dungeons of Doom, this location is replaced with The Dungeons of Doom. Trying to access the Enormous Greater-Than Sign location via the "Last Adventure" link then yields the message:
- This area should no longer be accessible to you.
| lowercase B -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: left parenthesis
- Meat Drop: None
- Monster Level: 58 • Substat Gain: 14.5 • Moxie for No Hit*: 68
- Monster Defense: 52
- Hit Points: 70
- Initiative: 40
- Elemental Alignment: None
- Attempting to adventure here without at least 45 base mainstat (via URL submission) results in the message:
- You shouldn't be here.
- Opening the Sign, and then losing enough base mainstat to put yourself below 45, will cause the Sign to disappear from The Dungeoneers' Association and be inaccessable as above.
- Your (de)buffed mainstat may be lower than 45 and still allow access (merely resulting in the recommendation message if it is below 44;) only your base mainstat is used to determine if the Sign exists for you.
- On March 18th, 2010 many adventures in this zone were retired and replaced with unidentified versions of The Dungeons of Doom.
- Everything about this area is a reference to the computer game NetHack. It is a freeware game, available from the official website.
- The various ASCII characters used to represent the monsters and dungeons reference the interface in NetHack.