The Distant Woods
|Back to the Main Map|
The Distant Woods are more distant and less nearby than The Nearby Plains. This location opens up after receiving the Spooky Forest Quest from The Council of Loathing, which requires that your level be at least 2. Attempting to adventure here before then gives the message:
- "You are not yet ready to be here."
Note that once the Friars Quest is completed, the Copse and all its sub-areas are replaced by The Deep Fat Friars' Gate, which directly leads to Pandamonium, where you can find all of the same monsters as the Copse in the slums and get your steel organ.
In the woods, you can find the following locations:
- The Spooky Forest
- Getaway Campsite (after using a Distant Woods Getaway Brochure)
- An Abyssal Portal (during the Infernal Incursion)
- The Old Landfill
- That Hippy
- The Arrrboretum (on Arrrbor Day)
- The Shivering Timbers (on Halloween XXV)
- Whitey's Grove
- The Road to the White Citadel
- The Typical Tavern
- One of the grimstone mask areas:
- The Drip Institute
- Copse of the Deep Fat Friars
- Talk to the Deep Fat Friars
- The Dark Neck of the Woods
- The Dark Heart of the Woods
- The Dark Elbow of the Woods
- The Black Forest
- The Black Market (after successfully using the black market map)
- Forest Village
- The Hidden City
- "Dakota" Fanning (Appears at 35 mainstat and if the Hidden Temple is not unlocked)
- The Hidden Temple (after completing the Spooky Temple map quest)
- The Worm Wood (with the effect Absinthe-Minded)
- 8-Bit Realm (with a continuum transfunctioner equipped)
- A Stinking Abyssal Portal (during the Infernal Incursion)
- On October 28, 2010, The Untinker's Cottage, The Bugbear Bakery, and The Bounty Hunter Hunter fled Seaside Town to escape the skeleton invasion, and combining with the existing Crackpot Mystic's Shed, formed the Forest Village.
- On January 20, 2011, The Deep Fat Friars' Gate, formerly located in the Copse of the Deep Fat Friars, was retired and replaced with Pandamonium.
- On the 27th August 2013, the Degrassic Knolls moved their Bugbear Pens from the forest to their Knoll, perhaps realizing the disadvantage of keeping bugbears directly adjacent to a lair of spooky gravy fairies. The Fairies followed, of course.