The Dark Heart of the Woods is in The Distant Woods inside the Copse of the Deep Fat Friars. The Dark Heart of the woods becomes available (as do The Dark Neck of the Woods and The Dark Elbow of the Woods) once you have been given the Deep Fat Friars' Gate Quest quest. Upon completion of the quest, the Elbow, Neck, and Heart of the Woods disappear and all of their monsters move to the Pandamonium Slums.
All monsters here have hot resistance.
A primary stat of 45 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 45 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- Your heart skips a beat as you gaze into the Dark Heart of the Woods. The shrieks of demons and the screams of unfortunate souls make you wonder if you can face the horror, the absolute horror.
Birthday candles quest noncombats -- The following one-time adventures occur in a fixed order
Birthday candles quest superlikelies -- These occur if the corresponding noncombat has not been found yet, ensuring progress through the zone
| Running the Lode
- Meat Drops: 350
- Note: Only occurs after 5 turns since encountering "Moon Over the Dark Heart".
- Note: A superlikely adventure.
- Trying to adventure here after the quest is finished yields the message "You shouldn't be here."
- On January 1, 2020, I, Martin was added, the combat rate was increased from 90% to 95%, and the superlikely adventures were changed to occur 5 turns after the previous one rather than spending a flat number of turns in the zone overall (thus improving consistency).