Not to be confused with The Basement (Fernswarthy's Basement).
The Castle basement is the starting zone of The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky.
A primary stat of 130 is suggested. If your main stat isn't high enough, you'll see the following message:
(It is recommended that you have at least 130 <mainstat> to adventure here.)
- This zone might be too tough for you.
| Alphabet Giant -- (edit metadata)
- Item Drops: heavy D, original G
- Meat Drop: 120-180
- Monster Level: 145 • Substat Gain: 36.25 • Moxie for No Hit*: 155
- Monster Defense: 130
- Hit Points: 150
- Initiative: 80
- Elemental Alignment: None
- Note: Occurs after 35 adventures in this zone without opening the Ground Floor.
- Note: Unlocks the Ground Floor of the castle
- Non-combats in this zone have a cap of 9 turns between occurrences. (10 turns if the previous non-combat did not take a turn.)
- Taking either noncombat choice that guarantees that the same noncombat will reappear will cause that new noncombat to have higher priority than wandering monsters.
- Prior to a bug fix on March 4, 2013, the "Crawl through the Heating Vent" choice from Out in the Open Source used to cost an adventure.