The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky
There are 3 zones in the castle. The basement is the starting point, you must make your way up the castle to complete the Giant Trash Quest.
- Attempting to access The Castle in the Clouds in the Sky without the means to do so:
- You can't get there unless you can figure out some way to fly.
- Attempting to access the Ground Floor before opening it:
- You climb the stairs from the castle's basement, but the door at the top is closed and you can't find the doorknob.
You'll have to find another way up.
- Attempting to access the Top Floor before opening the Ground Floor:
- You have to learn to walk before you can learn to fly.
Also you can't get to the top floor of a building if you can't get to the ground floor.
- Attempting to access the Top Floor after opening the Ground Floor but before opening the Top Floor:
- The door at the top of the ground floor stairway is also closed, and you're still too short to reach a doorknob that's forty feet over your head.
You'll have to figure out some other way to get upstairs.
- The Castle was significantly revamped as of February 18th, 2013 as part of a change to the Level 10 quest. As a result many adventures were retired. All of the giants (and then some) were moved around to the zones in the newly expanded Castle.
- The castle was previously a single zone, as part of the revamp, it was split into 3 new zones.
- If you did not meet the stat requirement, the following message would be shown.
- You peek your head inside the door of the Castle, and see a bunch of things that might be giants.
- The little voice inside your head can't be silent about this, so you decide not to go in there until you get a little heftier.
- (You must have at least 95 $stat to adventure here.)
- In the fairy tale "Jack and the Beanstalk", Jack climbs a magic beanstalk all the way to the clouds, where he encounters a giant living in a castle.
- The location's name may also be a reference to Hayao Miyazaki's 1986 anime classic, Laputa: Castle in the Sky, which incidentally features a 12 year-old protagonist, an undeniably spunky princess, and robots powered by a blend of magic and technology (which are possible back-references to the combat encounters in The Penultimate Fantasy Airship).
- This location's name may also refer to the rave favorite "Castles in the Sky" by AnnaGrace, as the castle is populated by annoying ravers.
- The message that used to be displayed (now in History, above) when you didn't have enough for your main stat was a reference to the band They Might Be Giants, as well as their self-titled song, "They Might Be Giants":
- We can't be silent, 'cause they might be giants
- And what're we gonna do unless they are?