The Cask at Hand
|This content has been retired and is no longer available in game.|
As you're stumbling around in the dark, you come up short in front of a brick wall, a dead end in the maze of barrels and boxes down here. You start to turn around, but hear a faint voice behind the wall.
"Hey, is someone out there? Get me out of here! What the hell is 'Amontillado,' anyway? For the love of God, adventurer!"
You bash away at the brick wall until it falls, revealing a man chained to the wall behind it. "Ah, thank you so much," he says. "Someone lead me down here and bricked me into the wall! I can't imagine why. I'm a disco bandit, and if you let me out of here, I'll make you a drink."
You unchain the guy and he makes a drink for you, but he steps on your toes on the way out. It's a good thing he didn't insult you as well, or you would've chained him to the wall again.
|You acquire an item: Random Advanced Cocktailcrafting drink|
- Once you have completed the Typical Tavern Quest, this adventure will no longer be available.
- This adventure references The Cask Of Amontillado, a short story by Edgar Allan Poe. An Italian merchant named Montresor, seeking revenge against a former friend named Fortunato over an insult to his honor, chains up Fortunato. Montresor then builds a brick wall over Fortunato and leaves him there to die. Alone. In the dark. While being bricked up, Fortunato pleads for his life and cries out "For the love of God, Montresor!"
- To step on one's toes is to offend (including insult) or embarrass someone.
- The adventure name is a play on "the task at hand."
- When it says "It's a good thing he didn't insult you as well..." it is referencing the story in which Fortunato is chained to the wall, not for injuries, but for an insult.