The Bureau of Reincarnation
|The Hermit humbly requests that this page be rewritten or expanded.
After-Afterlife Al, the President of Reincarnation:
"Heya, kid. Welcome to the Bureau. Gettin' bored up here? Ready to head back down there and give it another go? I gotcha covered."
- 1 Lifestyles
- 2 Paths
- 2.1 Unrestricted
- 2.2 Boozetafarian
- 2.3 Teetotaler
- 2.4 Oxygenarian
- 2.5 Bees Hate You
- 2.6 Way of the Surprising Fist
- 2.7 Trendy
- 2.8 Avatar of Boris
- 2.9 Bugbear Invasion
- 2.10 Zombie Slayer
- 2.11 Class Act
- 2.12 Avatar of Jarlsberg
- 2.13 BIG!
- 2.14 KOLHS
- 2.15 Avatar of Sneaky Pete
- 2.16 Slow & Steady
- 2.17 Heavy Rains
- 2.18 Picky
- 2.19 Standard (2015)
- 2.20 Actually Ed the Undying
- 2.21 One Crazy Random Summer
- 2.22 Community Service
- 2.23 Standard (2016)
- 2.24 Avatar of West of Loathing
- 2.25 The Source
- 2.26 Nuclear Autumn
- 2.27 Standard (2017)
- 2.28 Gelatinous Noob
- 2.29 License to Adventure
- 2.30 Live. Ascend. Repeat.
- 2.31 Standard (2018)
- 2.32 Pocket Familiars
- 2.33 G-Lover
- 2.34 Disguises Delimit
- 2.35 Dark Gyffte
- 2.36 Two Crazy Random Summer
- 2.37 Kingdom of Exploathing
- 2.38 Path of the Plumber
- 2.39 Grey Goo
- 3 References
- 4 Notes
A casual incarnation means you'll be able to play through the game again with full access to the Meat and items you acquired in your last life, and no restrictions on your interactions with other players, but you won't be eligible for any ascension leaderboards. (11 Karma)
A normal incarnation means you'll play the game again with limited access to the items and Meat you acquired in your last life. You'll also be unable to receive items or buffs from other players for the first 1,000 turns of your new life. (111 Karma)
If you elect to play the game in Hardcore mode, you won't be able to receive any items, Meat, or buffs from other players (or from your own long-term storage) for the duration of the run. You will also not be able to retain any skills from previous normal ascensions, but you will retain any skills marked in your permanent skills list as hardcore. (211 Karma)
Paths are voluntary restrictions added to an incarnation. They make things more difficult, but come with powerful rewards!
Choosing the Casual lifestyle does not allow selecting a path.
|(no description)||Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Unblemished Uniform (HC)|
|Boozetafarians prefer to drink their dinners. And their lunches, and their breakfasts, and all of their snacks. On the Boozetafarian path you may not eat any food. (+12 Karma)|
|Teetotalers don't see why people feel the need to alter their perceptions in order to have a good time. On the Teetotaler path, you may not drink any booze. (+12 Karma)|
| Oxygenarians derive all of their nutrition and drunkenness from the very air. That's what they claim, at least. Oxygenarians may partake neither of food nor booze. (+26 Karma)|
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Transparent Trappings (HC)
Bees Hate You
Way of the Surprising Fist
Avatar of Boris
A parallel universe in which the Kingdom has been invaded by hostile bugbears from a different parallel universe.
It's class warfare! You will only be able to use permed skills from your own class.
Avatar of Jarlsberg
You begin the game much larger (level 15), but all of the monsters are larger too!
Oh no, it wasn't a dream -- you really are back in high school!
Avatar of Sneaky Pete
You're filled with the spirit of Sneaky Pete, the Legendary Cool Guy of the Times of Old. Armed with sneaky thief skills and a cool talking motorcycle, you'll be the toast of the town.
Slow & Steady
You get 100 Adventures per day, no less and no more.
In-season reward: bottled day
Torrential rains have flooded the Kingdom, making everything extremely difficult. But you can rise to the challenge (seriously, this one is challenging) with the help of some powerful new skills.
In-season reward: beautiful rainbow
You can only take 3 familiars and 11 permed skills with you — pick wisely! (Familiar hatchlings and skill granting items may not be used.
In-season reward: picky tweezers
NOTE: Limited-time content from prior to 2013 is disallowed on this path.
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Ceramic Suit (HC) or Synthetic Suit (Normal)
Actually Ed the Undying
Ed the Undying is back -- not that he ever left, really -- and he is super annoyed with a certain adventurer who stole something from him. Recover his/your property (yes, the perspective shift is even more confusing than usual on this one) with ancient curses, powerful spells, mummified servants, and the jackal-headed demons of the Underworld.
In-season reward: still-beating spleen
One Crazy Random Summer
All across Loathing, monsters have changed in strange and unpredictable ways.
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of dice gear
The ultimate in real-life time savings. All Council Quests are replaced with single button-clicks!
NOTE: Limited-time content from prior to 2014 is disallowed on this path.
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Bakelite Brigandine (HC) or Wicker Wear (Normal)
Avatar of West of Loathing
Play as one of the classes from the upcoming Asymmetric Publications smash hit West of Loathing!
Take the red pill, and peek behind the curtain of what you thought was the real world.
In-season reward: Bowl of Tastee-Wheet™
The rest of the planet was very recently destroyed by nuclear war, and the Kingdom is experiencing the very early stages of the apocalypse.
In-season reward: Adventurer bobblehead
NOTE: Limited-time content from prior to 2015 is disallowed on this path.
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Wrought Wrappings (HC) or Aeroutfit (Normal)
You're a gelatinous cube with aspirations of humanity. Hungrily absorb items to gain power!
License to Adventure
You're a trained Loathing Operative, serving on His Majesty's Secret Service! Prepare to save the world over and over.
In-season reward: License To Kill
Live. Ascend. Repeat.
Time keeps repeating over and over and you need to break out.
NOTE: Limited-time content from prior to 2016 is disallowed on this path.
Rewards: class-appropriate piece of Fiberglass Finery (HC) or Gabardine Guise (Normal)
Instead of fighting monsters, pit your team of familiars against theirs!
You love 'G'! Any item, effect or skill without a 'G' in it just doesn't do anything for you.
In-season reward: Garland of Greatness
Everybody in the Kingdom is in disguise! Swap powerful masks with unidentified monsters!
Live a grim facsimile of life as a powerful Vampyre.
Two Crazy Random Summer
All across the Kingdom, items have changed in strange and quasi-unpredictable ways!
Kingdom of Exploathing
The Kingdom has been blown to bits!
Path of the Plumber
Jump, Hammer and Fireball your way through the Kingdom. Just like a plumber!
A self-replicating mass of grey goo has invaded the Kingdom from the furthest reaches of space. Destroy as much of it as you can in three days!
In-season reward: inert grey goo ring
- The reincarnate button at the end of the page says "Once More Unto The Breach!", which is a line from Shakespeare's history Henry V, in Henry's well known speech.
- The description of Bees Hate You refers to Hamlet's "To be or not to be" speech, also by Shakespeare.
- See the ascension page for more details on the ascension options.
- Trying to choose Bad Moon when you've bought any astral item will result in this message, with "Nah, lemme fix that" as the only reply:
- Sorry, but you can't take an astral pet or deli item in to a Bad Moon ascension. Are you trying to pull a fast one?
- Choosing a moon sign which boosts gains of a stat other than your main results in a warning:
- This Moon sign might not be appropriate for the class you have chosen. Are you sure this is the one you want?
- Choosing nothing from the Deli Lama results in a warning:
- You did not buy anything from the Deli Lama. Are you sure you don't want to?
- Choosing the booze from the deli while going into Teetotaler, the food while going Boozetafarian, or either while going Oxygenarian results in a warning:
- Your purchase from the Deli may not be appropriate with this path. Are you sure that's what you want?
- Choosing the booze from the deli while going into the KOLHS path results in a warning:
- Your purchase from the Deli may not be appropriate with this path. (High Schoolers are only allowed to drink illicit booze.) Are you sure that's what you want?
- Choosing the food or booze from the Deli when ascending as an Avatar of Jarlsberg results in a warning:
- Your purchase from the Deli may not be appropriate with this path. (Jarlsberg can only consume food and booze that he conjures up himself.) Are you sure that's what you want?
- Choosing the food or booze from the Deli when ascending as Actually Ed the Undying results in a warning:
- Your purchase from the Deli may not be appropriate with this path. (Ed may not have the organs to consume food and booze.) Are you sure that's what you want?
- Choosing nothing from Pet Heaven results in a warning:
- Are you sure you want to reincarnate without an astral pet?
- Choosing any astral weapon when ascending as an Avatar of Boris results in a warning:
- The Avatar of Boris won't use anything but Boris's trusty axe, Trusty. Are you sure you want to take that astral pet?
- Choosing the astral shirt when ascending as a Zombie Slayer, Avatar of Boris, Avatar of Jarlsberg, or Actually Ed the Undying results in a warning:
- A Zombie Slayer has no need to cover his necromantic nipples, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- The Avatar of Boris has no need to cover his manly nipples, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- The Avatar of Jarlsberg has no need to cover his magical nipples, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- Ed predates the invention of shirts, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- Choosing the astral pet sweater when ascending as an Avatar of Boris, Avatar of Jarlsberg, Avatar of Sneaky Pete, or Actually Ed the Undying results in a warning:
- The Avatar of Boris has no need of familiar companions, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- The Avatar of Jarlsberg has no need of familiar companions, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- The Avatar of Sneaky Pete has no need of familiar companions, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- Ed predates familiar companions, do you really want to take that astral pet?
- Choosing nothing at Jermery's Permery results in a warning:
- Are you sure you want to reincarnate without marking any skills permanent?
- Trying to ascend Normal or Hardcore if you've already ascended into a Normal or Hardcore run that day is not allowed:
- You may not start another non-casual run today. Sorry.
- Standard is not several separate challenge paths, but one path. When the year changes, date restrictions will change accordingly.