The Bugbear Bakery
The Bugbear Bakery in Forest Village sells all manner of baking supplies — but only to bugbears. You can trick them by putting on a Bugbear Costume. If properly attired, you will be greeted with the message: "Welcome, fellow Bugbear, to the Bugbear Bakery. We sell all manner of baking supplies." Otherwise, you will see only the message: "Begone from here, filthy human. Only Bugbears may shop here."
|Gnollish pie tin||30 Meat|
|wad of dough||50 Meat|
|taco shell||80 Meat|
|Gnollish casserole dish||150 Meat|
|rolling pin||500 Meat|
|unrolling pin||500 Meat|
- There exists a giant stuffed bugbear that is reminiscent of the Bugbear baker.
- The first time you visit here during the Bugbear Invasion (while disguised,) you get the following text:
- You step into the Bakery, but the bugbear behind the counter has another customer: a bugbear holding a phaser and looking none too pleased. "Okay, let's try this again. Where is the colonial army?" he says.
- "Look, I just sell baking implements here. I don't even bake! The stove broke a long time ago and nobody knows how to fix it!"
- "Why did you not consult the Knowledge Matrix?"
- "What, that little black box the Shamans have? It doesn't talk unless you've had a few of the special mushrooms from the Knoll."
- "Sh'gr't'tz!" the phaser-bearing bugbear says. "It must have powered down after you knobs ignored it for a hundred years. Great. We're square one, here, and you idiots have gone native."
- The bugbear baker shrugs, and squints across the counter. "You're not from around here, are you? Anyway, I do have other customers. What can I get you, fellow bugbear?"
- In a Zombie Slayer run, zombification has not deterred the baker:
- "Graaaaagh! Arrrrrgh!" the zombie bugbear shouts at you. "Buuuuuggaaaaaaahh!"
- "What, seriously?" you reply. "Still?"
- "Okay, okay, I'm leaving!"
- If you're in disguise, you can still shop here:
- "Graaaaaagh," the zombie bugbear baker nods at you, and then gestures flailingly at a display of merchandise. You have no idea why a zombie would care about commerce, but you suppose that old habits die hard.
- In a Nuclear Autumn run, the shop is closed:
- The Bugbear Bakery is closed. Being from space, you wouldn't think bugbears would be afraid of radiation, but I guess this one was.
- Madeline's Baking Supply sells the exact same things, but for cheaper