Works well in firefox, but I couldn't iron out css problems for msie...for now. All the templates should have:
- The code displayed correctly without errors from the parser when viewing the page.
- An explanation of the template's usage.
--Dehstil 22:47, 1 June 2006 (CDT)
There, it looks ok in both firefox and msie (at least the verisons I have). Does anyone have any complaints to me applying this to the templates?...or has problems looking at this with the browser they have?--Dehstil 17:01, 2 June 2006 (CDT)
"Don't click to the  link next to the "Code" header - you'll just get the template that adds the code box to the page... which isn't where all the actual code is... kinda confusing, but there you go. Phlip" I'm changing it.--Dehstil (t|c) 19:11, 1 July 2006 (CDT)
K, the problem in Safari is the overflow declaration. Something's wrong with it - normally, it would just make the code box itself have a little scrollbar inside of it, but in this case, it tries to make the entire browser window scroll. Lessee what can be done. --Alpaca (T/C) 21:07, 1 August 2006 (CDT)
- Something is very odd about this whole template's div-nested-inside-table business. Code2 itself does not react normally to changes in CSS. I'm guessing that something in the template interactions is messing up. --Alpaca (T/C) 21:30, 1 August 2006 (CDT)
- Now I'm not so sure, and in fact not quite sure about anything. It behaves oddly. In many cases, it shows a working, scrolling scrollbar inside the codebox, but the codebox itself is so large it makes the browser scroll anyway. --Alpaca (T/C) 21:41, 1 August 2006 (CDT)
- Yeah, sorry I can't help. If you figure it out, I could check it with msie and firefox before putting it up live.--Dehstil (t|c) 21:42, 1 August 2006 (CDT)
- It was the white-space:pre; declaration that was doing it. Does it look horrible and disgusting now, or is it acceptable? --Alpaca (T/C) 11:34, 2 August 2006 (CDT)
- I woulda preferred to keep that declaration, if it didn't create said problems. It's ok as it is now too though, so yay for no horizontal scrolling in safari! :)--Dehstil (t|c) 22:55, 2 August 2006 (CDT)
- I revamped its implementation (ugh, triple nested divs). It works in ff and msie; hopefully, this will work in safari too.--Dehstil (t|c) 21:03, 3 August 2006 (CDT)
- I gave up on buggy css. I gave it a fixed width. According to the newly opened browsrcamp, it looks good in safari, yay.--Dehstil (t|c) 16:08, 8 August 2006 (CDT)