Tame the Bugbears
"Ah, you must be our newest Citizen! It is fortunate that you have arrived, for dire times are upon us, and we require assistance.
- Obtain an annoying pitchfork, which is tradeable, by fighting an annoying spooky gravy fairy in The Bugbear Pens.
- On the first visit:
- "Ah, you must be our newest Citizen! It is fortunate that you have arrived, for dire times are upon us, and we require assistance.
- As you may know, we train bugbears as pets and guards. Lately, though, something is causing our bugbears to become vicious, and to attack their handlers. I would be grateful if you would investigate this for me. We keep our bugbears in a pen on this floor, just outside my office and past the elevator. I'll unlock the door for you."
- On subsequent visits:
- "Please, Adventurer! You must find the source of our bugbears' annoyance, and bring me evidence!"
- Upon completion:
- Mayor Zapruder looks at the tiny pitchfork you've brought him.
- "Spooky Gravy Fairies! I should've known, especially since we built the Knoll on top of an ancient Spooky Gravy Fairy burrow.
- Adventurer, you must help us put a stop to this menace. You'll need to find your way to the barrow where these fell creatures dwell, but you'll need a powerful Gravy Fairy to open the way for you.
- You may have noticed the mushroom fields deep within the knoll. Please bring me a flaming/frozen/stinky mushroom, and I'll perform the ritual necessary to produce such a Fairy."
- This is the first of three quests offered by Mayor Zapruder.
- You need to be level 2 in order to receive the quest.