|Locations||A Large Chamber|
|Quest||a creased paper strip, a crinkled paper strip, a crumpled paper strip, a folded paper strip, a ragged paper strip, a ripped paper strip, a rumpled paper strip, a torn paper strip, evil paper umbrella|
And you may find yourself confronted by a talking head. And you may find yourself trying to defend yourself. And you may ask yourself "what is that head doing here?" And you may tell yourself "this doesn't make any sense!"
Check out Mr. Talking Head, oh-oh -- he's got a wild, wild bite. Ouch! Oof!
The head was moving; it was biting swiftly, and it was. Ooh! Eek!
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco. This is a headbutt from a giant floating head. Argh! Eek!
Watch out! You might get what you're after! If what you're after is a headbutt from a giant floating head, that is. Ugh! Ugh!
It spits in your eyes, making you blind. Blind. Blind blind blind blind blind. You blindly stumble around and crack your head against the wall. Oof! Ugh!
It cruelly insults you with devastating accuracy. You wish it would stop making sense. Ooh! Eek!
The head says "do you remember anyone here?" When you respond that you don't remember anything at all, it swoops down and knocks you flat on your back. Eek! Ooh!
It takes a wild, wild bite at you, but misses. And I know that's the way you like it, woah-oh.
The head was biting and then you were dodging, and it was.
It tries to headbutt you, but you ain't got time for that now.
It tries to bite you, but can't find you. Looks like it's blind, blind. Blind, blind, blind, blind, blind.
It swoops down at you, but you run run run run, run run run away.
It spews gibberish at you. It must have gotten older and stopped making sense.
The head says, "there's a party in my mind, and I hope it never stops." You respond that there's a party in your pants, but that the head isn't invited. It goes off to sulk for a bit. (FUMBLE!)
|You acquire an item: a creased paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a crinkled paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a crumpled paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a folded paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a ragged paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a ripped paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a rumpled paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: a torn paper strip (30% chance)*|
|You acquire an item: evil paper umbrella (?% chance)*|
|You gain ? <substat>.|
Occurs in A Large Chamber.
- A maximum of 15 evil paper umbrellas can drop per ascension.
- The adventure and description reference the US art-punk band Talking Heads, their live album Stop Making Sense and the following songs:
- "Once in a Lifetime" (main text)
- "And She Was" (first hit and second miss)
- "Life During Wartime" (second hit and third miss)
- "Blind" (third hit and fourth miss)
- "Burning down the house" (fourth hit)
- "Memories Can't Wait" (critical hit)
- "Wild Wild Life" (first miss)
- "Psycho Killer" (fifth miss)
- "Girlfriend is Better" (sixth miss)
- "Heaven" (fumble)
- The monster image depicts Casey Kasem, an American voice actor and radio personality who rose to fame hosting the American Top 40 program.
- The fumble message is also a parody of a pickup line "There's a party in my pants, and you're invited."