Talk:The Super-Secret Canadian Mind-Control Device
- This device raises the level of creatures throughout the kingdom. At level 8 with 3 Mr. As I was fighting for a few rounds in the Obligatory Pirate's Cove and was beating them easily, so I decided to raise the # on the mind control device to 11 to test the theory, and went back and got my ass handed to me. Not only were they hitting me every round where they used to miss every round, but I couldn't hit them back either.
- that edit with the basic description was mine, forgot to log in.--Yiab 12:23, 11 Jun 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- Any one else notice that 1 and 6 are missing?
- One and six are missing??? well anyways i havent even ascended once yet and when i killed boss bat I got boss bat britches... I dont even HAVE the MCD. whats up with this? --Jedibob5 06:27, 26 April 2006 (CDT)
- 1 and 7 are missing because, on those settings, none of the bosses drop anything unusual.--Piroteknix 02:51, 14 August 2006 (CDT)
- Is anyone else noticing low quest item drops with the mind-control device turned up?--Zeta Aspect 20:03, 3 December 2006 (CST)
Yeah it seems to me like low drop items for quests drop more often with this. IE, I had just beaten boss bat with it set to 8, forgot to turn it down, and the last 5 adventures I just had in the harem trying to get the disguise have all yeilded the perfume... canyone wanna confirm this? --Skyl3lazer 07:09, 17 January 2007 (CST)
- That's a small enough sample that it can likely be written off entirely to RNG variance. Try at least 100 adventures and then we'll have decent statistics. --Quietust (t|c) 12:55, 17 January 2007 (CST)
I would, but I'm currently in HC, sorry. That's why I put it under the "Needs Confirmation" --Skyl3lazer 13:09, 17 January 2007 (CST)
This may just be the RNG, but I have the MCD set a 10 and at the mines I had a lot more caveins than usual. Like I said, it may have just been bad luck, but it's worth looking into. --Seamus 09:34, 4 February 2007 (CST)
- With the MCD set at 11, it took me over 70 turns to get two 334 scrolls. Out of the 70 turns, I fought about 5 1335 H4X0r and 10 anime smiley face. Is this just because of the accension I'm on (like how the monsters in the hole in the sky vary throughout different accensions) or is it because of the MCD? --Schaafbros 04:59, 12 March 2007
- With the MCD set to 6 I got two bottles of pirate juice in 19 adventures. --Ymprat 20:00,27 June 2007
- Unless you left and came back, that is impossible. Pirate juice is a semi-rare. --Bobidden 09:17, 9 September 2007 (CDT) -bobidden
Quest Item Drop Increase
Yes, there definately is an effect here. While it isn't 100%, after another 50 adventures in the harem, 28 of them were against the harem girls, and yielded as such
Knob Perfume x 11
Pants x 3
Veil x 4
Swindleblossom (All withing the first 10 adventures) x 3
MCD was set to 8, but I don't have the adventures to test this entire thing right now, can anyone else help confirm this?
I think there's too much here to put it to RNG --Skyl3lazer 07:24, 19 January 2007 (CST)
I realise this is a small sample size, but I've only just seen this - will spade more later. I'm currently running +50% item drops and no combat modifiers. So I should be getting the Girls 40% of the time, and they should be dropping 22% of the time, leading to an overall drop rate of 8.8%.
Ten adventures at MCD 8 yielded:
1 Harem Veil
At a 8.8% chance of getting a perfume per adventure, you'd expect to get (less than) one in ten adventures, not 4. This seems to indicate (despite sample size) that either skyl3lazer is on to something, or drop rates need revising for perfume. Will run 40 more turns at MCD 8 and 50 more without the day after moxie day. (Also in a Hardcore run, want to spade but care more about making use of the stat days.) - JohnDoe244 16:09, 25 January 2007 (CST)
A further 40 adventures yielded some interesting results. The remaining two swindleblossoms dropped on adventures 11 and 12 at the Harem. Unfortunately, I'm a complete and total tool and forgot to run the same buffs as yesterday (d'oh!) meaning that these next 40 adventures were done at +30% drop rate. This gives a 7.6% chance of getting a perfume on each adventure. Thus for 40 adventures I should be getting 3.04 perfumes. What I actually got was:
1 Elite Polearm
1 Harem Pants
From 10 the ten adventures yesterday I should have got 0.88 perfumes, for a grand total of 3.92 perfumes in 50 adventures. As you can see, what I actually got was 6 perfumes in the 50 adventures - that's over 50% more than expected. However today's sample size was four times the size of yesturdays and yeilded under the expected number of perfumes. This could indicate hella good RNG for yesterdays drops, or it could be related to the fact that I forgot to run Phat Loot for todays number set. I'd need to know what (if any) +drop effects Skyl3lazer was running in order to make a meaniningful analysis. When I break HC this run, I will spade this fully - but this initial data I've provided seems to indicate that MCD does effect the drops. - JohnDoe244 17:54, 26 January 2007 (CST)
Thanks for the help spading, I too will be working on this after my HCO run is finished. I also want to find some other setting combonations which may or may not affect things. What are some other mobs which drop non "Quest" items that are still required? --Skyl3lazer 11:38, 30 January 2007 (CST)
Also, while I was doing my limited spading I was running only 7% item drop, but a few of the veils/pants were from non-combat(I can't remember how many exactly, I think 1 veil and 2 pants). --Skyl3lazer 11:42, 30 January 2007 (CST)
Adding suspicions about level 10 being related to goat cheese, as I just got 5 in a row and all six in 15 adventures. Without any buffs, familiar or +drops items. In softcore ronin and ain't got a multi available on mysticality sign to be able to spade.--MoreCurious 12:46, 21 March 2007 (CDT)
I've been adventuring with the MCD set to two the entire game and I have noticed a less drops and more non-combat adventures. -Elgeibo August 21, 2007
It seems like all of this can be attributed to small sample sizes and good RNG. In all my HC ascensions I've spent with the MCD cranked up to 11, I never noticed anything like this. I'm putting this one to rest. --TechSmurf 02:48, 14 October 2007 (CDT)
Are we really sure it's always a linear + to ML?
I recently fought Baron Von Ratsworth several times before I was strong enough. I was going for the tophat (which requires mind-control to be set to 9), but foolishly left the device set to 11 for several fights. I ended up fighting him about 4 times with mind-control set to 11, and twice with it set to 9. The interesting thing is that I consistently found him MUCH easier to hit with the device set to 11 than with it set to 9 - I would almost beat him at 11 and then get totally annihilated at 9. All other effects and items remained the same, and often the unsuccessful fight at 9 would occur directly after the almost successful fight at 11. Sorry it's not more concrete data, but it'd be an interesting thing for somebody to look into. Perhaps it's just that the bosses have special ML boosts at the levels where they drop special rewards? Froodian 15:08, 19 March 2007 (CDT)
- yup, the rng sure hates us all equally. --Evilkolbot 15:09, 19 March 2007 (CDT)
- It's also worth pointing out that devs have stated that +ML has no effect on scaling monsters, such as Herr Baron.--Salien 21:18, 5 April 2007 (CDT)
Effects on the new bosses, and perhaps sub bosses
any thoughts on any extra item drops from our new bosses for the piramid and island quest. maybe even on dr awkward?
The only numbers that don't affect Item drops of current bosses are 1 & 6, has anyone tested these out on the new bosses? Also has anyone defeated all the bosses at level 11, does that unlock a trophy as well? --Kosher le pesach 12:50, 11 August 2007 (CDT)
The Annoy-o-Tron 5000
I understand this is about the MCD, but this is sorta related, (please help to move this post if it should be at the The Annoy-o-Tron 5000 talk page) and the The Annoy-o-Tron 5000 is quite similar to the MCD. So, im not sure if this is just the RNG, but I have never experienced getting two clockwork keys in my first two adventures at the thungerdome And i had The Annoy-o-Tron 5000 set to 8. RNG or The Annoy-o-Tron 5000???
- yup, the rng loves us all equally.
- sign your posts on talk pages. there's a button above the edit box, or you can use two hyphens and four tildes (--~~~~) which give you something like this: --Evilkolbot 06:06, 29 August 2007 (CDT)
Zombie Slayer text
Under a zombie slayer run, you get the following addition to the mind control device description:
"It's just as you've always suspected! The Canadians are secretly in control of all the monsters in the Kingdom.
Well, except you. And your zombie friends, probably."
--Dinomage 19:09, 16 January 2013 (CET)