Talk:The Oracle Will See You Now
I was able to get this adventure with 0 adventures remaining. With the last adventure of the day giving me teleportitis, adventuring again yielded this adventure, and paying for major consultation worked as normal. Even though adventures left remained at zero, the teleportitis effect counted down from 5 to 4. I'm guessing that with the right luck, you can reach the Oracle even with 0 adventures left.
I believe this can be tested five times for each teleportitis by eating food that grants 1 adventure starting with 0 adventures remaining. --Yehman 15:51, 12 July 2006 (CDT)
I believe you are trying to say that the trick to verifying this is getting Teleportitis in the last adventure (or at least with less than 5 adventures remaining), and that this can be attempted by eating food yeilding low adventures. </whine about bad grammer> Weird. I'm not sure if I believe this, but if it's true, it's a neat trick, and thus worth verifying. Too bad I'm past that part, or I would go for it myself.--Chish 18:15, 12 July 2006 (CDT)
Ya, since I'm in Hardcore, it'll be a while until I can test this. It should be rather easy for Softcore though, 'cause teleportitis is readily available through buying the right ! potion. And even though there are more chances to test by eating low-yielding food, one can certainly test this when low on adventure(probably with 1 adv left), eat normally, and test again when low on adventure again. --Yehman 14:42, 13 July 2006 (CDT)
I just tryed it it still works. Had three turns of Teleportitis and zero adventures and repeatedly clicked on the Last Adventure until I got the Oracle.--Error1 01:39, 7 January 2007 (CST)
Is having a minimum of 1,000 meat a requirement for this? I've been running through the greater than sign looking for a wand, but despite having the plus sign and getting Teleportitis at least three times over the last few days I've never found the Oracle. It finally dawned on me that I've only had about 200 meat the entire time. Will the Oracle not appear if you don't have enough meat for the consultation, or is the RNG just having its way with me again? -- Tanstaafl 11:45, 16 January 2007 (CST)
- It will occur, I just got it with approx. 300 meat, forgot to copy the message though --Floh 05:14, 22 March 2007 (CDT)
Um... anyone know what happens if you haven't go the plus sign yet and you go ahead and pay for the major consultation? --Sir Clement the Meek 20:46, 22 October 2007 (CDT)
- As far as I know (and have personally seen) this adventure doesn't happen if you don't have the plus sign in your inventory. --Chunky_boo 20:52, 22 October 2007 (CDT)
- Well, I went ahead and tried it... and lo-and-behold a plus sign appeared in my inventory afterwards. To prove to myself that I'm not going insane, I looked through my KoLmafia logs and can see that I really never did get the adventures that drops the plus sign beforehand. Strange... --Sir Clement the Meek 20:57, 22 October 2007 (CDT)
Does it still work? Adventuring with 0 adventures left, that is. --Alibulibadaha 06:05, 21 August 2008 (CDT)
Location of "The Oracle Will See You Now"
- Is the location really at Enormous Greater Than Sign? i.e. Must you adventure at Enormous Greater Than Sign? or you may adventure at other Teleportitis locations to get this adventure? --Stevetek 00:31, 20 December 2007 (CST)
- If memory serves, yes it is - It's listed as such under the 'last adventure' thing. True, you have to have teleportitis to *get* it, but it's still located there.--AltyMcAltAlt 03:18, 20 December 2007 (CST)
Since the recent update, the Adventure Again link points to [Old The Enormous Greater-Than Sign] (including brackets). --TimRem 19:07, 20 March 2010 (UTC)