Talk:The Gnomish Micromicrobrewery
Alright, so what are the possible differences between the three drinks offered asides a probable increase in adventures and varying cost?
- It doesn't appear that there is any difference. All three types give 3 drunkeness. None give stats. I've been underinclined to spend my daily drunkeness on the lower quality ones repeatedly just to do rigorous testing, but my limited experience suggests that the adventures gained is indeed lower for the lower quality drinks.
Also, has anyone besides 220.127.116.11 observed 9 adventures from the IPA? I ask on the off chance that said unregistered person is a Blender, as I've drunk a LOT of IPA's and never gotten 9 ADV from one. - GreenArmadillo —The preceding signed but undated comment was added at 23:10, 27 June 2005 (Central Standard Time).
First comment in this wiki, so apologies if I screw up. I wanted to add that I received a booze-soaked cherry in the gnomish microbrewery. It cost 120 meat. --AwesomeElmo 23:27, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
Okay, so how can N.O. Beer be a daily special if it can't be consumed? (Added 2005-07-18) Would be nice to know what message people got when they tried to order it for 0 meat. Also for the notes in N. O. Beer. --NewZorkBat 03:15, 9 January 2006 (Central Standard Time)
- I think it likely that N.O. Beer appeared in the microbrewery once, as a bug. Odds are, it won't happen again. --Aardvark (Talk | Contribs) 05:34, 9 January 2006 (Central Standard Time)
- This has (surprisingly) been already been taken care of. --TheDotGamer 09:37, 7 February 2007 (CST)
With the daily specials, does anyone besides me think that there is a maximum value for the drinks they can sell? -fire gopher —The preceding signed but undated comment was added at 20:40, 29 March 2007 (CDT).
- Assuming that you are talking about the 3x autosell value I don't think that there is a maximum value. At least, it doesn't appear to affect what is offered. The most expensive booze offered is the especially salty dog with an autosell of 154 Meat (x3 = 462 Meat when offered). There are several drinks not offered with an autosell value far far less (such as the mushroom wines). P.S. Try to sign your posts on talk pages by appending the wiki markup --~~~~ to your posts. --TheDotGamer 21:51, 29 March 2007 (CDT)
Is the "ice-cold beer" Willer or Sir Schlitz? Since the items were made identifyable at a glance, we shouldn't just be saying "beer" anymore.--Someone Else 04:07, 31 March 2006 (CST)
- I realize this is an old comment, placed before the beers were clearly distinguished but it should be noted that both of the types of ice-cold beers now occasionally appear here. --TheDotGamer 09:37, 7 February 2007 (CST)
Restricted from the Daily Special
Similar to the post I made on Talk:Chez Snootée I decided to see what booze hasn't been offered yet (or not recorded). There are currently 153 booze known and listed in Category:Booze. First I'll list the booze that we're pretty sure won't occur (or re-occur if it occurred accidentally temporarily):
- Quest/Custom/Unique/Discontinued Booze: around the world, bottle of single-barrel whiskey, cranmopolitan, flask of peppermint schnapps, Grimacite Bock, Mt. Noob Pale Ale, N. O. Beer, Otorian Battle Scar, Supermartini (Total: 9)
- Gift Item Booze: calle de miel with a fly in it, Mae West with a fly in it, mandarina colada with a fly in it, perpendicular hula with a fly in it, prussian cathouse with a fly in it, rockin' wagon with a fly in it, slap and tickle with a fly in it, tangarita with a fly in it (Total: 8)
- Mafia Wines: Acqua Del Piatto Merlot, Acque Luride Grezze Cabernet, Ferita Del Petto Zinfandel, Maiali Sifilitici Pinot Noir, Spasmi Dolorosi Del Rene Champagne, Uovo Marcio Shiraz (Total: 6)
- Mushroom Wines: cool mushroom wine, flaming mushroom wine, flat mushroom wine, gloomy mushroom wine, icy mushroom wine, Knob mushroom wine, Knoll mushroom wine, oily mushroom wine, pointy mushroom wine, spooky mushroom wine, stinky mushroom wine (Total: 11)
- Tiny-Platic Sword Drinks: bodyslam, cherry bomb, dirty martini, grogtini, sangria del diablo, vesper (Total: 6)
- Superhuman Cocktailcrafting Drinks: Divine, gimlet, Gordon Bennett, Mae West, mandarina colada, Mon Tiki, Neuromancer, prussian cathouse, tangarita, teqiwila slammer, vodka stratocaster, yellow brick road (Total: 12)
- Advanced Cocktailcrafting Drinks: a little sump'm sump'm, calle de miel, ducha de oro, fuzzbump, horizontal tango, ocean motion, perpendicular hula, pink pony, rockin' wagon, roll in the hay, slap and tickle, slip 'n' slide (Total: 12)
- Bartender-in-the-box Explosion Exclusive Drinks: beertini, papaya slung, salty slug, tomato daiquiri (Total: 4)
- "Restaurant" Drinks: braincracker sweet, candycaine, ecto-nog, eggnogtini, fermented honey, gin, hot choculate, hot toady, Infinitesimal IPA, moons-shine, Petite Porter, Scrawny Stout, (Total: 12)
- Noteworthy notes/analysis:
- That comes to a total of 80 drinks likely unavailable from the Microbrewery (78 of which currently exist in the game... although most of the "Restaurant" Drinks could also be argued as not currently existing in the game...)
- 153 (total drinks) - 80 (above unavailable drinks) - 71 (drinks noted as having a chance of appearing) = 2, leaving the bottle of Pinot Renoir and tequila sunset as the only drinks that I suspect may show up here which haven't already (and are currently flagged public).
- The only holiday food to appear at Chez Snootée was the ancient unspeakable fruitcake, and that has only appeared once. The only "true" (non-craftable) holiday booze is the spooky eggnog which also coincidently only occurred once (on December 21, 2006), perhaps never to reappear again?. There are 15 unique holiday foods compared to the one unique holiday booze.
--TheDotGamer 09:37, 7 February 2007 (CST)
- bungle in the jungle requires Advanced Cocktailcrafting but was available today nonetheless. I reckon they forgot to put bungle in the jungle on the "restricted" list, so it may not come up again in the future. --NewZorkBat 08:22, 11 March 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah, the fact that it showed up really makes me think that there is a restricted list. I wouldn't be surprised if the drink didn't show up again. Or maybe it will be another especially salty dog. Anyway, the only other booze added to the game since I made that post was the banana daiquiri, which hopefully will be offered too. And bottle of Pinot Renoir and tequila sunset still haven't shown up. --TheDotGamer 10:51, 12 March 2007 (CDT)
- Today, 3/26/2007, the banana daiquiri was in the microbrewery for 30 meat -fire gopher —The preceding signed but undated comment was added at 21:12, 26 March 2007 (CDT).
- Apparently it was also offered on March 16, 2007. Which was one day after the tequila sunset was offered. Meaning, the bottle of Pinot Renoir is the only booze available that hasn't yet been offered that I suspect will. Then again, I'm not even too sure on that one. The manetwich hasn't been offered at Chez Snootée yet either. --TheDotGamer 21:57, 26 March 2007 (CDT)
- Also, I figured it's probably worth mentioning that of the groups that I categorized above, only Mushroom Wines, Superhuman Cocktailcrafting Drinks, Advanced Cocktailcrafting Drinks, and Bartender-in-the-box Explosion Exclusive Drinks have autosell values. Multiplying an item without an autosell 's value by three to get the daily special price would be hard to do. Well, I guess Gift Item Booze does too, but they aren't even consumable. And the supermartini too, but it doesn't exist, so it had an autosell. --TheDotGamer 22:08, 26 March 2007 (CDT)
Yesterday an "awesome" quality booze (CSA cheerfulness ration) came up. Today slap and slap again which is made from an Advanced Cocktailcrafting booze, albeit made worse. Further evidence of an exclude list. --Club (#66669) (Talk) 06:45, 2 February 2013 (CET)
I'll bet you'd enjoy a cold one...
Does anyone else think that's a reference to Cousin Eddie from the first National Lampoon's Vacation movie?
Cousin Eddie: Hey Clark, you look like you could use a cold one.
Clark: I sure could, Eddie.
[Eddie hands Clark his opened beer he'd been drinking, gets a fresh one for himself]
Maybe a stretch...--Duke33 09:51, 2 January 2007 (CST)
- A definite stretch. "Vacation" was hardly the first place beer was ever described as "a cold one".--Bob452 10:00, 2 January 2007 (CST)