Talk:The Gift Shop
Pictures!!!!! (if you want the old text version back it's right here...) --Thou shalt perish 15:24, 7 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- I like the new look - great job! --Gymnosophist 15:42, 7 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
Items by Number
Now that we have all the Gift Shop Items, we need to catch up the Items by number pages (Items by number (1100-1199) & Items by number (1200-1299)). It looks pretty obvious what the item numbers should be, but it'd be best if someone who knew for sure did this. We need to update ascension items 20-27 (stuffed Mob Penguin-magnetic field). --Gymnosophist 15:01, 11 Aug 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
Ronin phase and Hagnk's Storage
The page says, "Also, while in your Ronin phase, it is possible to send gifts of items that are currently stored in Hagnk's Ancestral Mini-Storage." Either this isn't possible or I'm not good enough to figure out how. I tried via Hagnk's and the Gift Shop, so a hint would be good for fools like me (if it really is possible). -- Crowther —The preceding signed but undated comment was added at 17:24, 9 September 2005 (CST).
- I don't know about Ronin, but this is not possible in hardcore. --Pcentella 08:40, 10 Sep 2005 (Central Daylight Time)
- It is possible now, go to the gift shop in the back room.--D0om 08:14, 13 January 2006 (Central Standard Time)
- Minor edit to fix typo. --Junyr 00:44, 10 July 2006 (CDT)
This would allow us to get rid of the Full Gift Shop page, plus it would make the current gift shop page a lot easier to read. --Quietust 08:52, 20 June 2006 (CDT)
- Added Valentine's day stuff to the list - opinions are welcome before I go and import this. (also, the gift box prices do NOT have commas in them, while the other items DO - this is intentional) --Quietust 08:52, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- Awesome. You have my vote.--Dehstil (t|c) 13:45, 14 July 2006 (CDT)
- It is done. --Quietust 14:17, 15 July 2006 (CDT)
Order of Opening
Do packages open "first in first opened" or "last in first opened"? I feel like I should know by now, but don't. If this is someplace on the wiki already, it should be easier to find. --Crowther 20:57, 12 April 2007 (CDT)
- It seems it's last in first opened. --Crowther 14:12, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
- Yeah, it's probably a good thing that you added it to the article. It did use to be "FIFO" but it was changed to "LIFO" on March 14, 2006. --TheDotGamer 23:33, 13 April 2007 (CDT)
Gift package spamming
Just a question.. What is gift package spamming? Hmm? Obviously, it's when you send a lot of gift packages, but to what purpose? --Goffrie 20:10, 9 July 2007 (CDT)
To piss people off. Like, when you sign in, it'll say "You received a gift package" a bunch of times. --Keeko1642 16:18, 3 October 2007 (CDT)
August 1,2007 Chaos!
At the gift shop today,the sawblade roses,stuffed ninja snowman and the diamond-studded chocolate roses were all available at double price,and valentines at 0 meat. bug, or was it intended??
--Eliwood750 01:34, 2 August 2007 (CDT)Eliwood750
Check again. The Valentines gifts are available at TEN TIMES the price, due to the way selling gift items works now.--MaskedLihc 01:42, 2 August 2007 (CDT)
Oh wow,didn't see that.But isn't it strange that Valentines are still at 0 meat?--Eliwood750 11:22, 2 August 2007 (CDT)
- i just overdrank in bad moon and went to the gift shop to get some mugcakes, but the gift shop only opened to the send package page. i got an explanatory message:
You walk into the Gift Shop, but there's nobody behind the counter, so you wander into the back room. There's nobody around back here, either, but there's a vending machine full of gift-sending supplies, in case you want to send a gift to somebody.
- jarlsberg's day? bad moon? something else? if it's in the wiki already, how would i find it? --Evilkolbot 03:42, 5 May 2008 (CDT)
- You can't buy gift shop items in BM. Would be broken, because they sell wads of dough back there. I'm not sure where that's written on the wiki, though. EDIT: the last line of this article states: "During a Bad Moon run, going to the gift shop will take you directly to the back room." The text isn't written anywhere, but there's your answer.--QuantumNightmare 12:33, 5 May 2008 (CDT)
- It's possible to enter through the front door in bad moon now and buy gifts. I'm not sure when this changed but it was probably within the last 3 weeks.--Turtlegeuse 00:59, 18 December 2010 (UTC)
Has the text always been adjusted for Valentine's Day?
- "Happy Valentine's Day, and welcome to The Gift Shop! You can buy a number of groovy gift items, or head into the back room to send someone a package."
--Itsatrap 02:35, 20 August 2008 (CDT)
- Being in Bad Moon seems to prevent purchasing Valentine's Day items, including the black velvet box. --Noogles 01:42, 15 February 2010 (UTC)