My "Try to catch them in the Bear Trap" as part of Cornered Again sent ducks to the Family Plot. Is this going to be different for each adventurer/ascension? --Evanzedd 12:13, 27 June 2007 (CDT)
Meat Drops not zero for generic ducks
I've cleared out the barn, and I saw a meat drop of 109 (and a bunch of zero meat drops), so I don't think the drop is zero. The only meat modifier I have is Nimble Fingers (20%). --Grimdel 03:29, 28 June 2007 (CDT)
I moved the page to here, while the image of the area says the Barn, the last adventure and adventure again links name the area as McMillicancuddy's Barn, I think this is the name that should be used for the article but i'm not full aware of all the wiki standards so I could be wrong. Discordance 08:44, 29 June 2007 (CDT)
I've been adventuring at a Moxie of 184 (base 139) and have not yet been hit by a duck. How can their monster level be ~210? --Burgie12 14:53, 4 July 2007 (CDT)
There seems to be a 'shortcut' that lets you clear the ducks in only 15 adventures after you drive them all out of the barn. See this forum posting: http://forums.kingdomofloathing.com/viewtopic.php?t=84067
I wore the hippy fatigues; the noncombats went Fence, Lantern and Drum; got the special text after I picked the drum (special text follows) and finished each area in 5 turns each
You unscrew the lid on the Whackin' Grease barrel and tip it over. The horde of ducks is swept into the Other Back 40 in a deluge of medicinal-smelling goo.
The sky suddenly turns gray and a great wind rises. From the northwest, you see something approaching that looks like a white tornado. As it gets closer, though, you realize that it's not a white tornado -- it's a real tornado! You ain't in New York City, baby!
The funnel cloud touches down, picks up a bunch of the frozen ducks from the pond, and slings them eastward, beating them against the burning ducks in the back 40. The ice covering the frozen ducks melts as they continue to fly eastward, and this gentle rain combined with the gales of wind cleans the grease off of a bunch of the ducks in the other back 40.
As the formerly-frozen ducks continue their involuntary high-speed eastward migration, the formerly-flaming and formerly-greasy ducks confer for a moment, decide they've had enough of this crap, and mosey off into the sunset. Against the wind.
--Kenja 15:05, 18 July 2007 (CDT)
- There's something else to this, as I did exactly the same and got no special text. --Jonrock 12:43, 23 July 2007 (CDT)
- You have to use at least ONE chaos butterfly *before* you encounter the choice adventure, on any monster. --Dom 15:21, 1 September 2007 (CDT)
# of Adventures to Clear the Barn
Communally, let's find out the range of adventures it takes to clear the barn. It just took me 11. Someone with a bunch of ascension logs could perhaps tell us more. ;) --Zamiel 11:27, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
- It just took me 9 adventures-2 ducks, choice, 2 ducks, choice, 2 ducks, choice--Space turtle 21:41, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- Took me 11, looking over the gCLI log in Mafia: 2 dooks, Cornered, then 4 dooks, Cornered Again, then took break to kill 9 Cold and 8 Hot dooks for Defowl spading, then 2 more generic dooks before finally getting How Many Corners... --Terion 20:50, 18 April 2010 (UTC)
- 10 turns. 4 ducks, choice, 1 duck, choice, 2 ducks, choice. --TechSmurf 02:49, 3 September 2010 (UTC)
- 13 turns: 6 ducks, choice, 2 ducks, choice, 2 ducks, choice. Ffilmar (Talk) 09:05, 23 September 2010 (UTC)
- 11 turns. 5 dooks, choice, 1 dook, choice, 2 ducks, choice. --TechSmurf 03:39, 14 August 2011 (CEST)
- 11 turns. 4 dooks, choice, 1 dook, choice, 3 dooks, choice. --NightBird 16:45, 14 August 2011 (CEST)