Talk:Set an Open Course for the Virgin Booty (Map)
when adventuring for a week at (77,77) I had 6 footlockers over.
Then i adventured for a week at (88, 88) and had 6 ornate ancient cursed keys over.
Also I tested (100,100) giving me again ornate ancient cursed key.
I got a number of keys and chests that paired up aswell.
It seems that the droprate of the chests and keys might differ over locations. Can anyone confirm? Has anyone found drops for Ornate chests or footlocker keys.
new working coordinates: 339,19
"Aye aye, Cap'm!" says the navigator, and there is a bustle of activity as the ship leaves port -- sails are unfurled, masts are hoisted, pulleys are winched, all that kind of shippy stuff. Pretty soon, you've lost sight of land, and open sea lies... um... open before you as you sail towards your destination.
When the ship reaches the coordinates you specified, a hatch opens in the deck, and a giant treasure-crane emerges from somewhere belowdecks.
"Wow," you say, "that thing's pretty impressive."
"Yeah," says the navigator, "ever since aught three, all boats are required by law to have one. It's handy, though. Watch this!"
With a clanking of chains, the crane slowly descends into the water. After a few moments, the movement is reversed and the crane emerges from the ocean and swings back over the deck of the ship.
The crane opens, and a heavy object thuds to the deck.
You acquire an item: gilded ancient cursed chest "
(unsigned comment by User:Jotsund)
- (a) Those coordinates aren't valid, and - I've just tried - give the normal text for such (The navigator sighs. "Those aren't valid coordinates, Cap'm. Care to try again?").
- (b) The adventure text is a generic chest/key one, such as you'd get at any blank coordinates on the map.
- Looks like I need to do a bit of article page editing. --ArgghFW 02:30, 14 February 2008 (CST)
Is it just me or do the Small Tropical Islands (yellow dots) appear to make a double helix shape? There's definitely a spiral shape about them... Jihiro 05:26, 8 February 2008 (CST)
Along those lines, if you look at the orange dots, they seem to be pointing to the right, perhaps that Jick is planning something for us? Almar Zamasee
- It's a reference to Star Control 2. It means nothing, like the arrow in that game.--Toffile 08:55, 12 February 2008 (CST)
Has every location been checked, or are the still ones that could be special adventures? --Liokae 10:40, 13 February 2008 (CST)
- We are 99% pretty sure that all locations have been tested --CheezyBob 11:08, 13 February 2008 (CST)
- As the page says, as of Dec 17 every last location on the map had been visited and had results recorded. To the best of my knowledge, not every single spot has been visited twice, though a fair amount of them have. This is in part thanks to people checking to see if anything had changed in the ocean after El Vibrato unlocked the plinth, as well as natural overlaps in a leaderless community spading project. One can check the talk page for the non-map version of this page for links to the main map trackers to see if the 2nd sweep was completed. Further, indications from the powers that be are that there is currently nothing further to be done in the ocean, other than the recent addition of the Plinth/El Vibrato content. --Flargen 13:13, 13 February 2008 (CST)
Should the orientations of the triangle-dropping islands not also be a Wind Waker reference? Finding the three Triangle Islands opened up the Tower of the Gods (Plinth) in the center of all three... Also, the plinth looks oddly similar to the Tower of the Gods... Just thought I would add that... :P --IkeofCrimea 15:49, 13 May 2008 (CDT)
Is there any distinction between these? For example, does one of the muscle islands grant more of a substat boost than the others, etc? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Peterlorre (talk • contribs) on 17:08, 31 May 2008
going directly to 22, 32 did nothing special :/ --Hrag 13:13, 22 February 2010 (UTC)